2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Bucks come back to make it close at end but because they sucked to much to early was to big of a hole to dig out from. Bucks I think now lost 3 of last 4 and could have easily lost 4 in row.

Not much we can say that hasn't already been said. The fact is that this team should be even better than last year's team.

Watching last night told me that Horst and Griffin both need to go. Horst has sold out the future, and Griffin is destroying today, and neither has a handle on how to handle what they've created.

A horrible game again. This time at home, against the Jazz. Horrible substitutions, and game management.

Not much else I can say. Incredible how Beasley led the charge to get them within striking distance in the 3rd, with his 3s, then gets benched in the 4th because he wasn't good enough on defense, according to Griffin.

Enough said. As long as he's the coach, they're going to fail.

I agree TW, as that is the more likely scenario as opposed the other, which is that all of our players are bad (except Giannis). It's been so bad the last 5-6 games that I almost stopped watching at halftime last night when they were down by around 30. Their partial comeback in the 2nd half kept me watching though. I even entertained the irrational idea that they were tanking on purpose, hoping to get rid of the head coach (and maybe others). :mad:

Reactions: TW
I agree TW, as that is the more likely scenario as opposed the other, which is that all of our players are bad (except Giannis). It's been so bad the last 5-6 games that I almost stopped watching at halftime last night when they were down by around 30. Their partial comeback in the 2nd half kept me watching though. I even entertained the irrational idea that they were tanking on purpose, hoping to get rid of the head coach (and maybe others). :mad:
Normally I'd disagree with your assessment, but this time I'm not so certain. Something is definitely wrong. There is absolutely no happiness on their bench. Even Thanasis has pretty much stopped being a cheerleader. I hate watching this season start to go down the drain.

I'd imagine that Lillard's personal business has something to do with his divorce. Anyhow, I hope that's the worst it could be. It's just the timing that seems bad.

Speaking of Lillard, he's been playing poorly recently also, and I'm hoping it's a result of the personal business, and like you I hope that the personal business is not too bad. Hard to believe he's the same player that scored 71 points in a game this year prior to his being traded to us.

CBS Sports on NBA coaching hot seats. Griffin was listed under names to watch

Adrian Griffin, Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks have exactly zero time to allow Griffin to learn on the job. The defense taking a big step back isn't surprising given the swap of Jrue Holiday for Damian Lillard, but Griffin didn't help matters in the early going by trying to install an aggressive, high-attacking system that brought Brook Lopez out of his typical drop coverage and went against the strength of the Bucks' personnel. Lillard, meanwhile, just hasn't gotten going offensively. If the defense is going to be worse, and Griffin also can't figure out how to get the most out of Lillard as he adjusts to not having as much control of the offense as he's used to, he might have to go if the Bucks hit an extended rough patch

CBS Sports on NBA coaching hot seats. Griffin was listed under names to watch

Adrian Griffin, Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks have exactly zero time to allow Griffin to learn on the job. The defense taking a big step back isn't surprising given the swap of Jrue Holiday for Damian Lillard, but Griffin didn't help matters in the early going by trying to install an aggressive, high-attacking system that brought Brook Lopez out of his typical drop coverage and went against the strength of the Bucks' personnel. Lillard, meanwhile, just hasn't gotten going offensively. If the defense is going to be worse, and Griffin also can't figure out how to get the most out of Lillard as he adjusts to not having as much control of the offense as he's used to, he might have to go if the Bucks hit an extended rough patch
It's already time. If they don't do something soon, Lillard is going to end up demanding a trade, and Giannis and Middleton might not be far behind him. This team has the talent, it just isn't being utilized the way it should.

Adding to those 3, Lopez is demoralized, and no matter how hard he works out there, Griffin keeps pushing away from what his game is, to try to create something that doesn't exist.

I won't believe for one heartbeat that the Bucks defense has suffered because Lillard is out there instead of Holiday, and I don't believe for a moment that the surrounding cast isn't good enough to play defense. That's all BS, when defending him with the comments about the Bucks being "unable" to play defense.

Griffin just plain needs to be sent packing. The longer this goes on, the more I'm beginning to believe that Stotts got fired because he opposed what Griffin had already started to do to this roster, and was sticking up for the players who were complaining to him. I repeat! Fire Griffin NOW! This has to stop. We're watching what should have been a dynasty being destroyed by inept coaching.

Always remember, the assistant coaches have to do exactly what Griffin wants done, or they'll meet the same fate as Stotts.

How to we get a 43 point lead last Thursday (at it's height) against the Celtics before they pulled their starters, considering how we have been playing lately (particularly defense) ??? They pulled their starters around then, and we ended up winning by 33 (we also pulled our starters a little while after they pulled theirs). The only thing I considered was that some pissed off group of fans held the player's families hostage, and threatened to kill them if they lost. Any thoughts ?

Back