2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

It was nice seeing Portis playing as well as he did. I think he proved his point to Griffen. He was dynamite out there. Lillard shined. He can all out make things happen. Giannis played an important role in the game. He was an enabler for others. It was nice seeing Connaughton on the floor. In his limited minutes he did some solid things. The best I've seen him play in a long time. I think he was playing through a lot of pain prior to being sat down to heal.

Lopez blocked 5 shots. They let him play goalie. It put him out of position for a lot of rebounds, but everyone else grabbed a few, so they easily made more than the Pistons.

I thought Jackson and Beauchamp played well. Their games are improving. I get the sneaking hunch that they're pushing them to improve so they can trade some of their older players like Connaughton, Crowder, and even Middleton? Allegiances to players on the part of the NBA doesn't go too far. It's all about what you've done for me lately. All 3 have been battling injuries.

Didn't see it posted anywhere, and not likely national news, but Herb Kohl, the long-time owner of the Bucks passed away yesterday after a short illness. He's probably as responsible as anyone for the Bucks being in Milwaukee.

The long-time U.S. Senator, businessman, and philanthropist donated to multiple causes and projects over the years, but is probably most well known for putting up huge chunks of money for the building of both the Kohl Center on the U.W. campus and the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee.

Herb was 88. R.I.P.

Didn't see it posted anywhere, and not likely national news, but Herb Kohl, the long-time owner of the Bucks passed away yesterday after a short illness. He's probably as responsible as anyone for the Bucks being in Milwaukee.

It was mentioned on the local news a lot. :) It was also talked about in shout. I have no idea whether or not it was national news(?), but during the pregame, the game, and postgame, it was a *big* deal, as it should have been.

The pregame show spent a lot of time on it, and Griffin told a few stories about him during the postgame interview. It was announced that there is a gathering in the works to honor him soon at Fiserv Forum.

RIP, Herb Kohl. You were a visonary, and probably the sole reason that Milwaukee doesn't totally suck. Thank you.

GO BUCKS!

Pacers smack Bucks around in back to back wins Bucky Sucky last two games

Not a good picture of what the Bucks are supposed to be. I've reached a point where I have no use for Griffen. His decision making and lack of decision making as a head coach doesn't give me much hope for where this team really stands. There's no way in hell that the Pacers have better players than the Bucks on match up. It just isn't worth it any more.

Not a good picture of what the Bucks are supposed to be. I've reached a point where I have no use for Griffen. His decision making and lack of decision making as a head coach doesn't give me much hope for where this team really stands. There's no way in hell that the Pacers have better players than the Bucks on match up. It just isn't worth it any more.
but yet the Pacers have beaten them every game this year. Obviously to your point, Griffen has no clue how to adjust their play for what the Pacers are doing. It's concerning to me that he was the best they could get?

but yet the Pacers have beaten them every game this year. Obviously to your point, Griffen has no clue how to adjust their play for what the Pacers are doing. It's concerning to me that he was the best they could get?
Not the best the could get it was Giannis flexing his muscles. To keep Giannis happy they hired the coach he wanted. Though it seems Giannis wanted him for reasons unknown it seems even Giannis might be second guessing wanting him as HC. I think Griffin is going to be a one and done HC after the season.

Haliburton dances on deer
The Bucks and Pacers seemingly start a new game every other hour this season — they play more often than Isaiah Thomas tweets about teams needing a veteran point guard. And every time Milwaukee and Indy play, both teams deliver incredibly spicy basketball.

Another ridiculous performance by Tyrese Haliburton fueled a 142-130 Pacers victory. It sounds routine at this point, but it shouldn’t be. Haliburton had 31 points, 12 assists and zero turnovers. His six games with at least a dozen dimes and no turnovers this season tie Muggsy Bogues (1989-90) for the most by any player in the last 40 years. Haliburton was dealing in the third quarter, when his seven assists ignited a 47-point quarter for Indiana.

Then, he dropped 15 of his 31 in the fourth quarter to seal the Pacers’ fourth win in five meetings against the Bucks, marking their first season-series win since 2017-18. And what a fun season series it was! Indy talks a lot of trash. Haliburton treats half of the Pacers' possessions like an AND1 Mixtape. In five games against Milwaukee, he's averaging 27 points, 11 assists and just 1.4 turnovers with a 65.1 percent true shooting percentage.

The Bucks (24-10) have been on a great run lately, but not against Indiana. It’s worth wondering if Milwaukee should want to avoid Indy in the postseason. The Pacers fear no deer.

Haliburton is also a native of Oshkosh WI.

Reactions: TW
Back