2022 Badger Football Thread

I honestly think McIntosh and The Emperor want JL to get the gig. Do I wish they would look outside the program absolutely but due to budgets they are not paying a new HC more than $3m per. To that point JL got zero bump with the interim title. So be careful what you wish for.
I'll say you're wrong here, Mac is acting alone here, my belief is he is already looking outside because as stated he 100% has had contact with LL agent.

I'll say you're wrong here, Mac is acting alone here, my belief is he is already looking outside because as stated he 100% has had contact with LL agent.
Sure, due diligence. I get it and it’s smart. You talk and gauge interest. I don’t think they want to lose JL under any circumstances.

We can agree to disagree but the shadow of The Emperor is still there

Unfortunately

As bad as recruiting is perceived and yes I would like to see it more aggressive but the harsh reality is after OSU, Michigan and PSU it’s no different for everyone else in the conference.

Much of it is perception, but much is reality. Not just Wisconsin but 80% of the conference is a hard sell outside the footprint. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio all have large population bases which give them a built in advantage. It’s not Florida or Texas or California but it’s still a big advantage.

I get it, rankings and stars are subjective but the 2021 class was 16th by 247 and 14th by rivals. Skill positions have been the most impacted over the years.

58685C69-E94F-4149-B3D6-753C0D755984.jpeg

As bad as recruiting is perceived and yes I would like to see it more aggressive but the harsh reality is after OSU, Michigan and PSU it’s no different for everyone else in the conference.

Much of it is perception, but much is reality. Not just Wisconsin but 80% of the conference is a hard sell outside the footprint. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio all have large population bases which give them a built in advantage. It’s not Florida or Texas or California but it’s still a big advantage.

I get it, rankings and stars are subjective but the 2021 class was 16th by 247 and 14th by rivals. Skill positions have been the most impacted over the years.

View attachment 603

OSU is killing it. PSU over UM shocked me too but to me, it's OSU and everyone else.

One more thing that would need to happen if they hire Leipold. A financial commitment

• UW Foundation needs to pay PC $11m by February 2023…buyout
  • Leipold is due a $5m buyout which would need to come from the foundation. It’s $4m after Jan 1
  • Any new HC’s salary is heavily funded by the UW Foundation for multiple reasons
Hope I am wrong but don’t see it

If Badgers only get 1 more win this year I don't know how you can give Leonard the job if he goes. 2-5. With Purdue, Iowa, Maryland, MN, Nebraska left Nebraska is the only team they should beat. If they can't beat MSU they will have issues beating those other 4.

Sure, due diligence. I get it and it’s smart. You talk and gauge interest. I don’t think they want to lose JL under any circumstances.

We can agree to disagree but the shadow of The Emperor is still there

Unfortunately
JL isn't the shoe in around Madison you might think. He is perceived to be a part of the PC tree and Barry's buddy. There are still a ton of boosters and alumni pissed off about somethings PC did. Now don't get me wrong Jim is a nice guy and well liked but it's not the shoe in your thinking.

I know one very big booster and alumni personally and he and his little group a want an outside coach badlygreedy(

If Badgers only get 1 more win this year I don't know how you can give Leonard the job if he goes. 2-5. With Purdue, Iowa, Maryland, MN, Nebraska left Nebraska is the only team they should beat. If they can't beat MSU they will have issues beating those other 4.
Iowa is awful. And that’s being kind. Minnesota has been exposed as average and Maryland is probably on QB2 for the rest of the year.

JL isn't the shoe in around Madison you might think. He is perceived to be a part of the PC tree and Barry's buddy. There are still a ton of boosters and alumni pissed off about somethings PC did. Now don't get me wrong Jim is a nice guy and well liked but it's not the shoe in your thinking.

I know one very big booster and alumni personally and he and his little group a want an outside coach badlygreedy(
But will Mac go that direction? Not convinced. He has financial imitations and he like JL / PC is not loved by many alumni

Back