2022 Badger Football Thread

But will Mac go that direction? Not convinced. He has financial imitations and he like JL / PC is not loved by many alumni
He's getting a ton of heat to flip the direction. I would have never thought it but it's real.

Iowa is awful. And that’s being kind. Minnesota has been exposed as average and Maryland is probably on QB2 for the rest of the year.
MSU was probably worse then all these teams yet UW could not beat them

Who will the Badgers brain trust choose to be the new HC? I think people need to understand "who" will pay that salary. It's the same people paying the $11 mill buyout. If anyone believes that Alvarez or McIntosh are going to have more influence than the people truly paying the bills, they're sadly mistaken. It's not that simple.

Read CAREFULLY what 44blitz and Mark are saying. The sources of money will have their say.

It's like Pack keeps saying on so many issues. "Follow the money." I believe that's true, because that's where you find the Kings and King Makers, nowhere else. Even Alvarez needed to keep the majority on his side, despite being the "Emperor."

I see way too many indications that it will be an outsider coming in, and that's not that bad. The culture needs to change. Period.

Who will the Badgers brain trust choose to be the new HC? I think people need to understand "who" will pay that salary. It's the same people paying the $11 mill buyout. If anyone believes that Alvarez or McIntosh are going to have more influence than the people truly paying the bills, they're sadly mistaken. It's not that simple.

Read CAREFULLY what 44blitz and Mark are saying. The sources of money will have their say.

It's like Pack keeps saying on so many issues. "Follow the money." I believe that's true, because that's where you find the Kings and King Makers, nowhere else. Even Alvarez needed to keep the majority on his side, despite being the "Emperor."

I see way too many indications that it will be an outsider coming in, and that's not that bad. The culture needs to change. Period.
The sources for the money is the UW Foundation. I pointed out above they are paying the $11m to PC, about 80% the football HC pay and same with Gard. They would also be on the hook for any buyout to LL or anyone else. I struggle with believing that they have a big bankroll. It’s probably $2/$3.5 for a HC tops

The sources for the money is the UW Foundation. I pointed out above they are paying the $11m to PC, about 80% the football HC pay and same with Gard. They would also be on the hook for any buyout to LL or anyone else. I struggle with believing that they have a big bankroll. It’s probably $2/$3.5 for a HC tops
they were paying PC 5.5 a yr so they could do 4 to 5..... they may not like it but they can do it. Keep in mind Lance is making 2.2 this season so offering 3.5 to 4 is a raise. Just saying br)

Reactions: TW
they were paying PC 5.5 a yr so they could do 4 to 5..... they may not like it but they can do it. Keep in mind Lance is making 2.2 this season so offering 3.5 to 4 is a raise. Just saying br)
Maybe. The $11m is due Feb 1. So now drop in $5m to pay LL buyout. That’s $20m in 2023 all in …Not sure they have the stomach / stones to do that

Back