2021 Off Season Thread

So here's what the "all-in" crowd seems to expect:

- Highest paid QB in football going into his 40's
- Highest paid WR in football going into his 30's
- Highest paid LT in the league
- Top-5 paid DT in the league
- Top-10 paid RB in the league
- Top-10 paid OLB in the league

^^^And somehow still have enough money to pay Jaire who might end up requiring making him the top paid corner in football. This was always going to be a possibility or even likelihood given the cap situation, and yet all I see from Packers Twitter and simpleton casual fans are all caps complaints and memes about how the organization has **** everything up. Will the "all in" crowd actually admit that the strategy was a failure if we don't end this 3-year run with a Super Bowl? Of course not. Just pivot to some other dumb argument where you expect to consistently field the most talented roster in football while completely ignoring the existence of this thing called the "salary cap"...

sh))
Don’t forget Tonyan, if he has a 2021 like his 2020

It has been insanely clear for weeks now that 2021 is the last dance.

If we can't win a title with 38 year old Rodgers and 29 year old Davante, we've swung and missed 11 times. Is the right move truly to basically eat our cap up with those 2 as they cross 40 and 30, respectively?

This makes a lot of sense to me.

Yes, in theory 2022 or 2023 we'd have "a shot" with Rodgers and Davante but I just don't see it given their cost and how all-in we went the past 2-3 years...at a certain point I'd rather just pivot.
The Bucks winning has cured any worries I have for the next 12 months at minimum. If Davante and Aaron think they are bigger than the G, and at their age? ... just move them. Love them both, but as HH said, I'd rather pivot and try to build a new, younger, faster team and truly start the "Lafleur/Love" era, than continue to do the same things, trying to get over the hump with two disgruntled guys.

So here's what the "all-in" crowd seems to expect:

- Highest paid QB in football going into his 40's
- Highest paid WR in football going into his 30's
- Highest paid LT in the league
- Top-5 paid DT in the league
- Top-10 paid RB in the league
- Top-10 paid OLB in the league

^^^And somehow still have enough money to pay Jaire who might end up requiring making him the top paid corner in football. This was always going to be a possibility or even likelihood given the cap situation, and yet all I see from Packers Twitter and simpleton casual fans are all caps complaints and memes about how the organization has **** everything up. Will the "all in" crowd actually admit that the strategy was a failure if we don't end this 3-year run with a Super Bowl? Of course not. Just pivot to some other dumb argument where you expect to consistently field the most talented roster in football while completely ignoring the existence of this thing called the "salary cap"...

sh))
Nailed it. They are also called the "Madden Crowd"

i can hardly wait until we get back to the 70s-80s packers. so much more fun to cheer for a losing team.
Always remember, everyone loves an underdog. It could actually work in the Packers favor. A year or two on the down slide, then back with a vengeance, retooled for a run that goes through several years.

Back