2021 Off Season Thread

Well if they don't shop him now because you don't want to take chance of him getting hurt and his value going to zero.
I have no idea. Again we have zero idea how far apart they are, what the issues are and how willing either side is to find common ground.

I have no idea. Again we have zero idea how far apart they are, what the issues are and how willing either side is to find common ground.
I still think it's hey I am really close to Rodgers you want him gone but you want me to stay. Well there won't be a hometown discount that's for sure.

I still think it's hey I am really close to Rodgers you want him gone but you want me to stay. Well there won't be a hometown discount that's for sure.
I have no idea what’s in his mind.

Well he's already come out and said that what happens with Rodgers could effect his contract status.
“Could” is a very broad statement and that was months ago. I’m not going to beat a dead horse but we know zilch on negotiations. Just a few weeks ago they were working the deal. It’s not a simple negotiation

Should have traded both before the draft. Now it will just be an awkward poor chemistry 9-8 type year if Rodgers shows up. I’d rather get some draft capital and build for the future.

After seeing Giannis’s humbleness and general likeability for this long championship run it’s honestly really hard to even stomach Rodgers passive aggressive petty ways. His gamble from a PR standpoint failed.

Edit: Also I don’t doubt for a second that Rodgers toxicity poisoned the well with Adams in regards to his feelings for Packers. Move him before he does more damage.

Should have traded both before the draft. Now it will just be an awkward poor chemistry 9-8 type year if Rodgers shows up. I’d rather get some draft capital and build for the future.

After seeing Giannis’s humbleness and general likeability for this long championship run it’s honestly really hard to even stomach Rodgers passive aggressive petty ways. His gamble from a PR standpoint failed.

Edit: Also I don’t doubt for a second that Rodgers toxicity poisoned the well with Adams in regards to his feelings for Packers. Move him before he does more damage.
Trade Adams to the Raiders, Rodgers to the Broncos

You might get back 2 firsts and a second between the 2 of them....and with that division at least one of those teams is drafting in the top 10 this year. We suck this year, have 3 firsts in the 2022 draft....with at least two of them in the top 10....and three firsts in the 2023 draft with at least one of them in the top 10. Long term you could build a hell of a team.

I’ve been a big Adams fan, but if you pay him the kind of money that’s being hinted at, you almost have to throw at him every time to justify his cost …. IMO.

I wonder if ML “honestly” really feels Adams fits with his long term vision/plan for this football team?

Again, IMO, I would think ML would want to spread the ball around more (like they’ve done in games where Adams has been out), and build the passing game around a strong running game and play-action pass. That’s not been a secret since ML walked into the building.

I also think ML, mostly, likes bigger body types who have a proven ability/desire to block in the run game. Has Adams been much of a factor at that?

Since the wheels are in motion to move to a QB who will implement ML’s offense his way, maybe this affords the opportunity to get a WR that best fits how he wants to run his offense.

much as i hate to say it, i think it would be best if the team took this opportunity to move on from both players as well. but i do not trust our clownshow front office to get the most value from trading them. these guys are just dorks who somehow found their way to the top of the smallest market team in the nfl. they have no business savvy and they make the dumbest decisions from what i have seen.

Rodgers was impossible to trade before the draft could not take a $35 million cap hit at the time

Back