2021 Off Season Thread

i truly think that is unfair. that's like surrounding tom brady with a bunch of nobodies that no other team wants and then blaming him when the team doesn't get to the super bowl. the smart thing that tampa bay did is they listened to everything tom wanted. they changed the offense to better suit him. they brought in a couple guys that he specifically asked for who he had worked with in the past, and they already had the outstanding defense, but they even made it a bit better. they didn't say "that's all you get" and start acquiring players that they might be able to use someday when tom retires.
Tom Brady won a couple SB with a nobody defense a TE and some meh talent.... if this was 3-4 yrs yeah but you can NOT defend a 10 year SB drought. He's had 2 HC... he's had 3 DC etc.
The ONLY common denominator in all those NFC titles and playoff failures is #12. You can really like the guy RB but you no longer can hide the fact that he is culpable for the big game snafu's and neither can the Packers.

Tom Brady won a couple SB with a nobody defense a TE and some meh talent.... if this was 3-4 yrs yeah but you can NOT defend a 10 year SB drought. He's had 2 HC... he's had 3 DC etc.
The ONLY common denominator in all those NFC titles and playoff failures is #12. You can really like the guy RB but you no longer can hide the fact that he is culpable for the big game snafu's and neither can the Packers.
True and the aggravating thing about it is he never says after " I have to play better" "My Bad" During the regular season loss to TB he owned it and I thought he had a turn but after the playoff loss I give up on him.

Reactions: ski
True and the aggravating thing about it is he never says after " I have to play better" "My Bad" During the regular season loss to TB he owned it and I thought he had a turn but after the playoff loss I give up on him.
Never thought about it that way but your right. He can be a whiny baby after games and on the sideline.

i respectfully disagree. i think the gm has a responsibility to build a team through the draft and free agency that is made up of players that are ready to win now. not three years from now. and we had a lot of years with a gm that didn't believe in using free agency, followed by a boob who can't evaluate talent worth a darn, and thinks it's a wonderful idea to draft players in the first and second round who might not be starters for a few years - if ever. he actually said he has no regrets on wasting three of the four top picks in the last draft. he's either a liar or an idiot.

anyway, the bucs know how to go all in and build a team that can win today and for several years to come. and they had no problem giving their 40 year old qb everything he asked for.

i truly think that is unfair. that's like surrounding tom brady with a bunch of nobodies that no other team wants and then blaming him when the team doesn't get to the super bowl. the smart thing that tampa bay did is they listened to everything tom wanted. they changed the offense to better suit him. they brought in a couple guys that he specifically asked for who he had worked with in the past, and they already had the outstanding defense, but they even made it a bit better. they didn't say "that's all you get" and start acquiring players that they might be able to use someday when tom retires.
That offense in Tampa was inconsistent for the first 5-7 games and they tweaked some things during the bye week. And as far as acquiring talent they only added Gronk and Fournette, not what i would call difference makers. You can debate the draft but that team was not much different than last year

i respectfully disagree. i think the gm has a responsibility to build a team through the draft and free agency that is made up of players that are ready to win now. not three years from now. and we had a lot of years with a gm that didn't believe in using free agency, followed by a boob who can't evaluate talent worth a darn, and thinks it's a wonderful idea to draft players in the first and second round who might not be starters for a few years - if ever. he actually said he has no regrets on wasting three of the four top picks in the last draft. he's either a liar or an idiot.

anyway, the bucs know how to go all in and build a team that can win today and for several years to come. and they had no problem giving their 40 year old qb everything he asked for.
The only guy Tampa went “all in” on was Brady. It’s not like they added all pro talent once they signed him.

And as far as acquiring talent they only added Gronk and Fournette, not what i would call difference makers.
gronk alone made all the difference in the world. and you're forgetting ab. don't start quoting me season-long stats. once gronk was up to speed, that brady-gronk combo was unstoppable. all three of brady's td passes in the super bowl went to the two receivers that he asked for - gronk and ab.

edit: and the rushing td was fournette. the other guy they added.

You know what RB your a great guy but both you and Kegman are way off the mark here, it's not the Aaron Rodger's Packers., or the Favre Packer's it's the F'ing Green Bay Packers. We should never ever go "ALL IN " for anyone player. That's pure crap and part of the problem with the fanbase.

FB is a team sport, it takes all those players to win. The QB doesn't throw it, catch it and play defense. We shouldn't win titles for Aaron we win titles for the Packers, for the team.

So I respectfully think you should reevaluate your thought process here or at the least rephrase it because frankly your Aaron envy is a bit much.

gronk alone made all the difference in the world. and you're forgetting ab. don't start quoting me season-long stats. once gronk was up to speed, that brady-gronk combo was unstoppable. all three of brady's td passes in the super bowl went to the two receivers that he asked for - gronk and ab.

edit: and the rushing td was fournette. the other guy they added.
In the 10 games prior to SB Gronk had 20 receptions. If that was a TE in GB we would call that pedestrian. Fine pick out one game but he was not up to speed. Fournette had less than 400 yds. Neither Fournette or Gronk made that team different, Brady did.

Back