2021 Off Season Thread

In the 10 games prior to SB Gronk had 20 receptions. If that was a TE in GB we would call that pedestrian. Fine pick out one game but he was not up to speed. Fournette had less than 400 yds. Neither Fournette or Gronk made that team different, Brady did.
Brady proved without a doubt it wasn't the system or a lot of the other things through the years but him and he has the rings to back it up. Talk is cheap.

Unrelated, but as a recently turned 31 year old, it has caused me to realize that I have known some of you for over half my life. Ever since I swapped rankings with you as a 15yr old high school freshman back on The Sporting News...
Yes, sir, you are of a handful that was here through most of the journey. It's been 18 years plus for me.

You know what RB your a great guy but both you and Kegman are way off the mark here, it's not the Aaron Rodger's Packers., or the Favre Packer's it's the F'ing Green Bay Packers. We should never ever go "ALL IN " for anyone player. That's pure crap and part of the problem with the fanbase.

FB is a team sport, it takes all those players to win. The QB doesn't throw it, catch it and play defense. We shouldn't win titles for Aaron we win titles for the Packers, for the team.

So I respectfully think you should reevaluate your thought process here or at the least rephrase it because frankly your Aaron envy is a bit much.
i think people are reading things into what i write sometimes. i never said go all in for rodgers. i'm talking about going all in for a lombardi now. not constantly building for some day in the future that never comes. i mean, if you just read the post that you quoted, do you see aaron rodgers' name mentioned anywhere? i'm usually the one who has to point out that it's a team game and you can't put the blame on a single player for a loss.

my point was to make a comparison between two teams - one that knows how to build a championship team and one that just keeps trying to push it farther into the future.

In the 10 games prior to SB Gronk had 20 receptions. If that was a TE in GB we would call that pedestrian. Fine pick out one game but he was not up to speed. Fournette had less than 400 yds. Neither Fournette or Gronk made that team different, Brady did.
i agree that brady made the difference. but brady made the difference by getting the bucs to bring in guys that he was comfortable with and who he believed he could count on. all four touchdowns were scored by the three guys that brady asked for. and the three top receivers and the top rusher for the bucs in the super bowl were those three guys. you can say coincidence if you want, but i'm not buying it.

i agree that brady made the difference. but brady made the difference by getting the bucs to bring in guys that he was comfortable with and who he believed he could count on. all four touchdowns were scored by the three guys that brady asked for. and the three top receivers and the top rusher for the bucs in the super bowl were those three guys. you can say coincidence if you want, but i'm not buying it.
And your singling out one game. What about the other 18? Don’t think the defense made an impact in the SB. So basically what your saying is they got these guys for one game and if that’s the case that’s irresponsible management not knowing if you even make it that far

And your singling out one game. What about the other 18? Don’t think the defense made an impact in the SB. So basically what your saying is they got these guys for one game and if that’s the case that’s irresponsible management not knowing if you even make it that far
call it irresponsible. i call it winning.

call it irresponsible. i call it winning.
The SB is not some automatic invite/bye. You play 16 games and playoffs to get there. Tampa was 7-5 at one point, they lost to Chicago, lost to NOLA 38-3 . Did you think at that point they were a SB team? No. And yes they had Gronk & Fournette...and AB at that point. You build a team that over 16 games and over 12 most thought that team was cooked. Tampa won the SB because they had a more balanced team, speed on defense and a damn good scheme.

Brady proved without a doubt it wasn't the system or a lot of the other things through the years but him and he has the rings to back it up. Talk is cheap.
And you don't hear about Arod making the same type of commitment to winning as Brady with work ethic and extra film study etc.... Arod is more naturally talented than Brady but that's only one part of it.

I agree with what many said here that #12 needs to step up and take some accountability for the NFCC losses.

Going "all in" is a lot easier when you have a young talented roster loaded with recent draft picks. Much harder when you keep making mediocre selections. The Packers would have had a hard time going all in last year because they just didn't have much CAP and some of those low price FA's might not have chosen to come here. It's hard to know what all the options were and who turned them down and who was actually in play.

The only move that really sticks in my craw from last off-season is the move up for Jordan Love. It wasn't necessary and blew draft capital. I get that the FO was worrying that Rodgers might no be up for playing much longer and can't fault the selection of a QB, but trading up was just stooopid.

As for Rodgers I think you have to look at each performance individually. Is he PART of the problem, sure, he's had some mediocre performances in big games, but he's also had some spectacular performances in those situations and the rest of the team has let us down. He certainly wasn't responsible for the Seattle meltdown, the 140 passer rating Matt Ryan had a few years ago, or the 300 yards rushing the 49ers used to roll over us. Was he great in those games - nope, but he was as good as Brady was against the Packers a few weeks ago and his team still lost. Hard to pin those games on him.

i truly think that is unfair. that's like surrounding tom brady with a bunch of nobodies that no other team wants and then blaming him when the team doesn't get to the super bowl. the smart thing that tampa bay did is they listened to everything tom wanted. they changed the offense to better suit him. they brought in a couple guys that he specifically asked for who he had worked with in the past, and they already had the outstanding defense, but they even made it a bit better. they didn't say "that's all you get" and start acquiring players that they might be able to use someday when tom retires.
Main thing was Brady was a good QB Watson was at best a average starter. He was so inconsistant you could not trust him. Brady was a guy who brought good leadership that the rest of the team got behind and followed. The defense was the main thing that carried this team but Brady was good enough to help improve the offense that they defense did not need to do it all. I don't think Gronk, Fournette, or Brown made much of any difference that if you don't have them that this team would have still not won the SB.

Back