2021 Off Season Thread

Good move and glad to see Jones is back. Could of swore I heard no way he would be back. When you have good players, you need to find a way to keep them and thats what happened here.

This signing could shake out a lot of ways for the Pack, it's a real risk signing RB to a big 2nd contract as most don't pan out. If it doesn't it will forever bite this front office, or he stays healthy and helps them to a SB. No happy medium here.

well that seems like it would be pretty hard to prove. if the qb sees something in the defensive alignment that leads him to believe there is a better option than what was called, is that good or bad?

I think the only way you can judge how good of a job the QB is doing when he makes those decisions is to relate to the results, and compare them to results when he doesn't make the changes.

If I was coaching him, I'd trust Rodgers making the changes, and spend my time helping him understand the reads he's going to see, so when he does it, the decision is the correct one.

If I was coaching him, I'd trust Rodgers making the changes, and spend my time helping him understand the reads he's going to see, so when he does it, the decision is the correct one.
Not singling you out TW. Just wanted to expound on that last paragraph. We forget that AR is a veteran, and a smart QB at that. I'm not trying to wax poetic or worship at the shrine of Rodgers but he has been known as a student of the game. Manning was like that too. These QBs have been playing years. They've studied lots of film. They've seen it on field. The great ones can think for themselves and can diagnose what they are seeing on field because of that film study, years of experience, etc.

Just because ML is the head coach, that doesn't mean he can't learn from a collaborative relationship with a first ballot HOF QB.

Last edited:
Not singling you out TW. Just wanted to expound on that last paragraph. We forget that AR is a veteran, and a smart QB at that. I'm not trying to wax poetic or worship at the shrine of Rodgers but he has been known as a student of the game. Manning was like that too. These QBs have been playing years. They've studied lots of film. They've seen it on field. The great ones can think for themselves and can diagnose what they are seeing on field because of that film study, years of experience, etc.

Just because ML is the head coach, that doesn't mean he can't learn from a collaborative relationship with a first ballot HOF QB.

I'm a believer that a great QB can make a coach look better, and a great coach can make a QB look better. It goes both ways, when they end up finding common ground that works for both of them. I think that may well be the case with ML and Rodgers.

I'm a believer that a great QB can make a coach look better, and a great coach can make a QB look better. It goes both ways, when they end up finding common ground that works for both of them. I think that may well be the case with ML and Rodgers.
i'm not quite ready to anoint ml "a great coach", but he seems to be doing a darned good job so far. publicly he has praised rodgers' ability to make play call changes at the line on more than one occasion, so it seems like he is okay with aaron doing so.

i'm not quite ready to anoint ml "a great coach", but he seems to be doing a darned good job so far. publicly he has praised rodgers' ability to make play call changes at the line on more than one occasion, so it seems like he is okay with aaron doing so.

Nor am I, but I will say he's done some decent things in GB to this point. Now I'm anxious to see what he can do with his own defensive coordinator, and decisions made more in conjunction with his wishes.

Back