2018 Predraft Prediction Thread

Right now, roster as is? 9-7/10-6.

On O we have three options at RT coming off surgery or serious injury - Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy. We'll be breaking in a new RG. We have 1 TE with experience under contract who was a disappointment last year. Jordy is another year older and losing steam fast.

On D we're the same as last year, at best, minus Burnett. Maybe they're worse at first while learning any new Pettine stuff, or maybe they get a jolt from it before other teams adjust. Could go either way.

Home schedule looks much softer than the road schedule. And in a weird quirk for this team, I don't see how the D can be much worse, but if they're not careful on O they can take a good step back there, making the team worse over all. Can't get complacent.

Right now, roster as is? 9-7/10-6.

On O we have three options at RT coming off surgery or serious injury - Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy. We'll be breaking in a new RG. We have 1 TE with experience under contract who was a disappointment last year. Jordy is another year older and losing steam fast.

On D we're the same as last year, at best, minus Burnett. Maybe they're worse at first while learning any new Pettine stuff, or maybe they get a jolt from it before other teams adjust. Could go either way.

Home schedule looks much softer than the road schedule. And in a weird quirk for this team, I don't see how the D can be much worse, but if they're not careful on O they can take a good step back there, making the team worse over all. Can't get complacent.

Well said! This whole thing is a crap shoot this year. We haven't got a clue what's going to happen. I had a discussion with about a half dozen Vikings fans this morning, and they all were saying they thought the Packers were going to be easy pickings this year. I kind of laughed. How the hell would they know? Not even Packer fans, nor the front office, has a clue at this point.

Ha yea queens fans should worry about what they have. They dont even know who will be under center.

Anyway yea alot of moving parts.

Positives
Still have rodgers and i think hes getting that chip on his shoulder again. He wants to prove hes the best ever

Running backs look to be in good shape. 2 young backs that compliment each other well. A hammer type and a big play maker

New coaches and maybe a hc in the hot seat

Dl is a strength. Clark has become a top nose and shoild even get better. Daniels had a down yr but still causes problems. Lowery is lunch pale tupe you need. If we can get production from anyone else this group is good

Marty can play

New coaches

Weaknesses or question marks

Right side of OL

Wrs worry me. Outside of Adams everyone is average or below. Nelson is a shell of himself and goes down before contact. Cobb isnt worth the contract and the rest havent shown they can be replacements

Te group is weak. Maybe weakest in the league

New coaches

Pass rush isnt consistent. It comes and goes but doesnt show up when needed most. Needs work

Questions all over the secondary. I actually think randall and king can play but we need another guy we can trust.

If we lose burney we better have a plan in place to replace him. I think haha is trash and jones has the tools but makes mistakes

New coaches

Well said! This whole thing is a crap shoot this year. We haven't got a clue what's going to happen. I had a discussion with about a half dozen Vikings fans this morning, and they all were saying they thought the Packers were going to be easy pickings this year. I kind of laughed. How the hell would they know? Not even Packer fans, nor the front office, has a clue at this point.

Ya know, I thought the Vikings would be easy pickings THIS year after seeing them end the 2016 season 3-8. Things can turn quickly. I'd ask them who is going to QB their team next year. Even if it's Keenum, you really trust him to play the same? Odds are much higher that was a career season for him, than a new floor for performance. Then who's going to block for that QB? I think they have 2-3 FAs on the OL plus someone retiring. Teams change year to year, it's really, really difficult to win consistently.

Will say 9-7 Packers will have issues adjusting to new defense will have some starters hurt like normal and they go 9-7 miss the playoffs and MM is fired and Gutenkust brings in his own HC.

I will go out on a limb.
13-3
AR comes back pissed off and has an MVP season. Throws 45 tds and 6 ints.
Gutey dives into FA and gets a FA on D and a few fill ins. We draft a WR and a TE that are difference makers.
Pettine gets the D motivated and we are in the top ten defensively.
Super Bowl? Not ready to go there yet. :)

Just having a defensive attitude adjustment should help a lot. Teams will want to play us early. We'll be 4-4 first half as the bugs get worked out and the new guys start to fit in. Bulaga comes back week 8, solidifies the OL, rookie TE gets his feet under him and we go 7-1 second half. Make the playoffs and who knows? Jordy renegotiates, catches 46 passes on the season, but 14 are TDs. Arod gets come back POY.

Back