Young QB Tim Boyle gives Packers a do-over for Taysom Hill

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Young QB Tim Boyle gives Packers a do-over for Taysom Hill

Boyle played under four offensive coordinators in college, all of whom ran something different, so he was used to learning new philosophies and terminologies. He said he didn’t feel overwhelmed on his first day, which is what typically happens for most rookie quarterbacks in McCarthy’s system.
Shocked(

dear lord, that's one way to ruin a kid....

Since drafting Rodgers, the young quarterbacks the Packers have attempted to develop have been better in the classroom than on the football field. The club has invested time and effort into quarterbacks who are too short or too slow or too weak-armed to have much of a chance in the NFL.
CLP)

wow four different OC's. Yeah sounds like this kid will need couple years on the PS were he can spend time learning one system and coaches can work on fixing any issues that he had trying to learn a different OC's offense every year.

no offense to boyle, but he's not even in the same neighborhood as hill.

Just a guess here, but I don't think Boyle has a chance of making the team, and less than a 50% chance of being on our practice squad.

It appears our coaching staff and Gutey are convinced we need the worst rated QBs in the league to choose from as a back up, and we need to go well below that to have someone to stash on the practice squad. I get the impression they're looking for an "all-purpose threat" who's kind of a jack-of-all-trades, and master of none, who can throw, run, punt, kick, block, and tackle, with the worst of them.

Can't help but think that after the Hill situation. I have absolutely zero belief in where they're heading with personnel at this point. They'll have to prove me wrong, and I hope they do. Until then, I am he of little faith.

I think boyle ends up on PS... Hundley will get released and Kizer the back up

They could release Hundley today and I'd breath a sigh of relief. He may be decent in practice, but in critical game situations, the look in his eyes is like looking into those of someone who has just discovered they're in unfamiliar territory, and don't know what the heck is going to happen next.

If he was our starting QB for an entire year, we'd be looking at a possible draft in the top 4 or 5.

i think callahan had more potential than boyle. and callahan was not as good as hill.

I keep looking back to when we had Wolf and Holmgren in control. Look at the number of QBs they brought through the system as back ups for Favre, that went on to success. It's disconcerting that we keep hearing about McCarthy's "great" QB school, and not one guy can hold a candle to anyone among those groomed by the Packers during the Wolf era.

I don't believe McCarthy really is as great a QB guru as people think. In fact, I believe he's clueless. He was lucky enough to have a guy fall to him in the draft, who could carry a team on his back, just like Favre. The last time I truly saw that was Montana and Young in San Francisco, and Walsh was a true team manager, who could put together a surrounding cast that worked well with them.

As long as McCarthy's in control on the field, don't expect anything unless Rodgers makes it happen. McCarthy will suck the life right out of an offense if he doesn't have a guy out there who can make up for his side line blundering.

Just my opinion.

Back