With Their 2nd Pick In RD 7 GB Selects Mississippi State LS Hunter Bradley

Sorry RP I am not buying what your selling here. The #@$# it ! It's fixed approach if that's what it is...is unorthodox as hell and borderline nuts((. I hope like hell that MM and his staff are not influencing a young GM because the last time that Operations and scouting tried working as 1 in GB a guy by the name of Sherman was running the show...we all know how that worked out.

sh)) What can you say about a team with depth problems multiple rooms? You double up at a position and it's crazy because you're passing on other talent for need. Alright. You don't draft for need, like we did with pass rush, you get dinged for not addressing a need. It's a slog either way when your roster is not strong! I think the hope is that you look back at your roster in 3 years and say, OK, we did what we wanted to do - we're much better than we were 3 years ago. We have ascending players here, here and here. But you have to start somewhere.

Now, for these ST guys, I see the benefit and I also see the risk. If they work out you look back and you're grateful you bit the bullet, invested some capital to fix a position. At the same time, if this kid from Alabama shows up and shanks a punt in preseason, it's going to be the end of the world. Same thing with the LS. They go out there for a FG and he snaps low, forget it. It's certainly an area where you'd see coaches interference. "I don't need another WR Gute, I'm dying for a long snapper, it's killing us!"

Back