With Their 2nd Pick In RD 7 GB Selects Mississippi State LS Hunter Bradley

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
CAREER: MSU’s starting deep snapper with tremendous work ethic and leadership who earned a scholarship in the fall of 2016 … Possesses all of the skills to snap at the next level … Became the primary snapper in the second week of his junior season in 2015 and was perfect ever since … Granted a sixth year by the NCAA and played the 2017 campaign with a degree already in hand … Played in 41 career games and tallied four tackles … Invited to the 2018 East-West Shrine Game following his career … Went to a bowl game every year of his career and was part of the second-winningest senior class in school history.
2017 SENIOR SEASON: Played in all 13 games and successfully completed every snap.
2016 SENIOR SEASON: Played in all 13 games and successfully completed every snap.
2015 JUNIOR SEASON: Took over the role of primary long snapper after Winston Chapman suffered a season-ending injury vs. LSU (9/12) … After not seeing the field in the season-opener at Southern Miss (9/5), appeared in the final 12 games of the season … Recorded a tackle in three games – at Auburn (9/26) and at Texas A&M (10/3).
2014 SOPHOMORE SEASON: Saw his first career action as a sophomore on special teams … Played in three contests – Southern Miss (8/30), South Alabama (9/13) and LSU (9/20) … Made one tackle on special teams at LSU.
2013 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON: Did not enter any games during first season on the active roster, but was a valuable member of the scout teams.
2012 TRUE FRESHMAN SEASON: Did not experience game action while redshirting during initial year on campus ... Joined the Bulldogs as a preferred walk-on in the fall … Suffered torn ACL.
HIGH SCHOOL: A three-year member of the Dragons for head coach Shawn Abel ... Voted the Rivals.com top tight end prospect in the state of Tennessee ... Earned a place on the Rivals.com Preseason All-Memphis Team and TNVarsity.com Preseason All-State First Team as the tight end ... In July prior to senior year, tore ACL and missed entire senior campaign ... During junior year, helped team to 7-5 overall record, including a 4-3 mark in 3A District 15 action ... Part of an offense that eclipsed the 30-point plateau in five games ... Helped Dragons to the second round of the Tennessee High School 6A state playoffs with a 16-12 victory against Dickson County in the opening round ... As a sophomore, played in nine games, making five receptions for 91 yards (18.2 yards per grab) ... Defensively during sophomore year, booked 25 tackles with 1.0 sack and one interception for nine yards ... Also forced one fumble.
PERSONAL: Born Hunter Austin Bradley on May 21, 1994 … Son of Pam and Mike Bradley … Father Mike is an assistant football coach and head softball coach at Collierville ... Mike played offensive line and long snapper at Delta State University, where he was a captain in 1983 and was named to the All-Gulf South Conference and Academic All-Gulf South Conference Teams … Earned his undergraduate degree in kinesiology in May 2017.

Never seen something like this. Must be the best friggin LS in the country. Does anyone have a highlight video of his perfect snaps?

I get that sometimes you don't want to risk losing an UDFA to another team so you draft the guy late and lock him in. The thing is, the Pack have known LS issues so it seems like pretty much any UDFA would be willing to sign on.

Nope no such animal..... I have no words for this.

Gutey showing the prowess and depth of his scouting staff's reach. He's covering all his bases with his reaearch.

Yeah this was strange he was not even rated the #1 LS in the draft for sites you looked at.

Between the back-to-back corners, the punter and this guy, it's clear Gute's approach to certain positions this year was, "F*ck it, it's fixed." Punter carousel year after year? Bleep it, it's fixed. Long snapper games and having to rely on the same broken down LS out of desperation? Bleep it, it's fixed. I don't like using picks on these guys either but the last guy wouldn't bite the bullet and fix this stuff, so now the new guy has to.

Between the back-to-back corners, the punter and this guy, it's clear Gute's approach to certain positions this year was, "F*ck it, it's fixed." Punter carousel year after year? Bleep it, it's fixed. Long snapper games and having to rely on the same broken down LS out of desperation? Bleep it, it's fixed. I don't like using picks on these guys either but the last guy wouldn't bite the bullet and fix this stuff, so now the new guy has to.

Yep. That's what I was alluding to in another thread. These picks give us a glimpse into the mindset of Gutey and how he feels that some of these positions need to be fixed.

That's kind of how I'm viewing what Gute was doing. Certain positions were a mess in his mind and he was going to fix it rather than TT's method of just patching and band-aiding this stuff with street FAs.

Punter - draft one and fix it and I don't have to think about it for the next 8-10 years.

Long Snapper - screw this Goode, no Goode, Goode, etc. I'm gonna draft one and get it off my plate for 8-10 years.

CB - the coaches are juggling a bunch of UDFA's and not getting results, let me grab a couple of FA veterans and then I'll draft a couple more and fix the problem with some quality

WR - same as CB. Got a bunch of guys but not enough players, let me grab a bunch and fix the problem.

If he believes he's truly in rebuild or reset mode this may be the way to approach it. Don't bandaid things together for another year but instead add free agents and draft quantity and maybe fix a few of the problems. Next year sign a few more free agents and draft quantity at a couple of other positions and fix a few more problems. Then maybe we are ready to roll. (Of course this all assumes that these picks pan out.)

Sorry RP I am not buying what your selling here. The #@$# it ! It's fixed approach if that's what it is...is unorthodox as hell and borderline nuts((. I hope like hell that MM and his staff are not influencing a young GM because the last time that Operations and scouting tried working as 1 in GB a guy by the name of Sherman was running the show...we all know how that worked out.

** Let me just put it out there today. From here until January 2019 everyone pretend Mark is from Missouri. MM/Gute/Murphy your going to have show me your approach works vs NFL Quality teams week after week. Until then I am over here on the fence watching.

Back