Wisconsin wants to educate athletes on NIL, not oversee contracts. But some proposed deals raised questions.

Strange how Ford would still allow Kia to become a sponsor also.
As long as we did not promote SUV’s. It’s very common actually. There is also big distinction between the teams and it’s radio networks. It’s not tied together

Can it be Vague like some guy has 10 resturants under his own name in a state he wants star QB to promote it. But then can school block it because they have a national returant chain deal? Or is that still black and white? Just seems it's muddled when you do local vs national chains like that.
There are 2 key words in any agreement. Exclusive and Official. And you pay dearly for those designations.

There are 2 key words in any agreement. Exclusive and Official. And you pay dearly for those designations.
Ah ok yeah never had any connection with those so really had no idea how it worked.

So if a owner has a bunch of different dealerships the kid could sign a deal to rep each one's brand then?
Car deals with schools are complicated. It’s 99% of the time cash and use of vehicles and in some cases you have to make an exception for some coaches if they have a deal.

Car deals with schools are complicated. It’s 99% of the time cash and use of vehicles and in some cases you have to make an exception for some coaches if they have a deal.
I believe Alvarez had a nice little deal with a dealer in Madison on vehicles? Also, I heard that Jim Leonhard has one now?

I believe Alvarez had a nice little deal with a dealer in Madison on vehicles? Also, I heard that Jim Leonhard has one now?
Most do. I remember Bobby Bowden had a deal with Mercedes at FSU. When we looked at a deal with U of Florida we asked if vehicles were needed and the answer was yes except for head FB coach and head basketball coach. They drove Mercedes on their own deal

So could kids get the same deal cash and use of car or would that be rule breaking?

So could kids get the same deal cash and use of car or would that be rule breaking?
Tricky. Lot of insurance and liability issues when you loan a car out. You also have to assign value to the auto. I personally hated that part of deals. Cars we gave had dealer plates and we would get tickets from DOT on guys who ran tolls. Yes technically don’t see why use of car is illegal but it’s not that simple

Tricky. Lot of insurance and liability issues when you loan a car out. You also have to assign value to the auto. I personally hated that part of deals. Cars we gave had dealer plates and we would get tickets from DOT on guys who ran tolls. Yes technically don’t see why use of car is illegal but it’s not that simple
I bet those loaner cars had the crap beat out of them also since the people driving them did not own them they did not care.

Back