Wisconsin Football snubbed by The Athletic’s CFB Super League

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
When you hear about the possible European Super League forming, you don’t necessarily think of Wisconsin football; but here we are. For those who don’t know or just don’t follow soccer, some of the premier soccer teams in Europe are trying to create the ‘European Super League.’ SkySports gives a pretty quick explanation about what […]

Wisconsin Football snubbed by The Athletic’s CFB Super League - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

The only reason Nebraska ever was a power house is that they played a lot of doormats for decades. Their conference consisted of Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska. The rest were just teams they used to pad their stats.

Nebraska and Auburn are only on this list because of a longer history of success; Oregon has really only had very recent success. I might put WI in before any of those 3, but you could also consider Florida state, Miami, and a few others as well.

The only reason Nebraska ever was a power house is that they played a lot of doormats for decades. Their conference consisted of Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska. The rest were just teams they used to pad their stats.
Well we could say the same about the B1G in the 80’s also. It was the Big 2 and the little 8. Florida State dominated a horrible ACC for years

Nebraska and Auburn are only on this list because of a longer history of success; Oregon has really only had very recent success. I might put WI in before any of those 3, but you could also consider Florida state, Miami, and a few others as well.
Depends what you consider recent. Cristobal has had them at a high level the last few years but in the Chip Kelly era he had a lot of success. I think Andy Staples did this piece and his Twitter feed on this was a fun read.

I still don't think the Big 8 and Big 12 opponents over the past 25 years were as consistent as the Big 10 teams. The fact is, Wisconsin has been one of the winningest programs in DI over that period of time.

Depends what you consider recent. Cristobal has had them at a high level the last few years but in the Chip Kelly era he had a lot of success. I think Andy Staples did this piece and his Twitter feed on this was a fun read.
I would say the Oregon success has been more "recent" than the Wisconsin success.

I would say the Oregon success has been more "recent" than the Wisconsin success.
its close. As good as Alvarez was, hell he turned around a cesspool, he only had 4 10+ win seasons and there was a 3 years stretch he was under some heat. Bellotti had a nice run for 13 years then Kelly for 4. Helfrich had 2 nice years then wet the bed

I still don't think the Big 8 and Big 12 opponents over the past 25 years were as consistent as the Big 10 teams. The fact is, Wisconsin has been one of the winningest programs in DI over that period of time.
Wisconsin did benefit from Michigan being down was well as both OSU being on probation and PSU with the Sandusky issues. I agree the old Big 8 was bad but when it merged with the SWC it became legit.

Well Chelsea is already pulling out of the Super League.

Back