Why Firing Mike McCarthy Was Necessary for the Packers

Both MM and AR have issues. MM was using a old outdated scheme and Rodgers is a diva QB who thinks he is better than he is. You have two guys who both are pigheaded and refuse to change.

Another article on the Lewis comments with some more info, like this part --

McCarthy is the play caller, but because Rodgers is so intelligent and such a good improvisational player, the quarterback has the green light to change plays on the field as he see fit. He does, so often that it can be hard for McCarthy to get into a rhythm as the play caller. McCarthy might call the same play three times in a game, without the play actually being run as he called it. And if McCarthy calls a play that Rodgers doesn’t like early in the game, that can sour the mood for the rest of the game. Several sources familiar with the inner workings of the organization say that it devolved into a competition over who can call the better play, and both want the credit when things go right.

https://totalpackers.com/2019/01/marcedes-lewis-rodgers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So in reality, Rodgers didn't do anything he wasn't allowed to do. With that said, if the coach is calling plays, unless its something really obvious that play wont work based on the defense, the QB shouldn't be able to change the play just because he dont like it. Audibles at the line based on the defensive look is ok, but otherwise should be running the called plays. In this case he didn't do anything wrong as he was allowed to change plays.

Total packers written by an amateur blogger who's gleaning from other stories ? Really ?

How do you know that Rodgers had permission to change the play ? Oh wait ( " Several sources familiar with the inner workings of the organization say that it devolved into a competition over who can call the better play") but just yesterday you ripped me and others about sources ???

You can't have it both ways.

The reality is that you don't want to believe anything negative about Rodgers or any other Packer player, which is fine Score your entitled to your opinion. However I am not nor are many others buying what your selling in any way shape or form regarding Aaron Rodgers and the members of this team. Peace

Another article on the Lewis comments with some more info, like this part --

McCarthy is the play caller, but because Rodgers is so intelligent and such a good improvisational player, the quarterback has the green light to change plays on the field as he see fit. He does, so often that it can be hard for McCarthy to get into a rhythm as the play caller. McCarthy might call the same play three times in a game, without the play actually being run as he called it. And if McCarthy calls a play that Rodgers doesn’t like early in the game, that can sour the mood for the rest of the game. Several sources familiar with the inner workings of the organization say that it devolved into a competition over who can call the better play, and both want the credit when things go right.

https://totalpackers.com/2019/01/marcedes-lewis-rodgers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So in reality, Rodgers didn't do anything he wasn't allowed to do. With that said, if the coach is calling plays, unless its something really obvious that play wont work based on the defense, the QB shouldn't be able to change the play just because he dont like it. Audibles at the line based on the defensive look is ok, but otherwise should be running the called plays. In this case he didn't do anything wrong as he was allowed to change plays.
Interesting article but it looks like the author of the article is supposing that AR has the green light to change plays as he sees fit. Is that what he's been told by a player, coach, front office?

And on the flip side, if it was so hard for MM to get into a rhythm, then why not revoke his green light ability?

So now only certain articles or sources are good, worthy, etc? Seems like your sources or stories shared are all to be 100% correct and the gospel, but anything I do it is garbage and not to be trusted or believed, that is pretty obvious.

Yes, I called out the "sources" you or others refer to as everybody just ripped guys like Arrigo apart for reporting info from sources, then go and do the exact same things yourselves. I actually don't mind reading all of these rumors or other info, as it keeps things active and interesting, don't mind that at all, but ripping others for doing the same thing isn't cool at all.

Total packers written by an amateur blogger who's gleaning from other stories ? Really ?

How do you know that Rodgers had permission to change the play ? Oh wait ( " Several sources familiar with the inner workings of the organization say that it devolved into a competition over who can call the better play") but just yesterday you ripped me and others about sources ???

You can't have it both ways.

The reality is that you don't want to believe anything negative about Rodgers or any other Packer player, which is fine Score your entitled to your opinion. However I am not nor are many others buying what your selling in any way shape or form regarding Aaron Rodgers and the members of this team. Peace

So now only certain articles or sources are good, worthy, etc? Seems like your sources or stories shared are all to be 100% correct and the gospel, but anything I do it is garbage and not to be trusted or believed, that is pretty obvious.

Yes, I called out the "sources" you or others refer to as everybody just ripped guys like Arrigo apart for reporting info from sources, then go and do the exact same things yourselves. I actually don't mind reading all of these rumors or other info, as it keeps things active and interesting, don't mind that at all, but ripping others for doing the same thing isn't cool at all.

Score my friend your taking what the man said out of context. Why the anger lately ? Mark has put several blogs out of bounds way back to Packer addicts days and it has had nothing to do with you or your opinions. Everyone isn't out to get you.

Some advice your letting every little thing on a forum get under your skin. Take the dog for a walk. Go out to the local pub for some pizza and beer. It's just not worth all the fuss.

Which article would you read, based on the headline:

Condemned killer may have been murdered in his cell on death row!
Condemned killer commits suicide on death row.

Face it. Nobody gives a rip if he offs himself. But, if someone did him in, that's another game.

The same thing applies to news about the Packers at this time. There's nothing substantial to report, and nobody wants someone else to get ahead of them in the news cycle, so they pretty much make up half or more of the things they print.

Sources are an interesting part of it. Here's a few sources.

It's been reported that.....
According to people around the league.....
Someone who knows someone inside the organization says.....
I have a friend who's daughter is a dog groomer, and does Rodgers poodle says.....
According to people inside Lambeau Field....

How good were those sources? Some of what you get will be true, but much of it is pure speculation.

I had a friend who was a sports writer for the Chicago Sun Times many years ago who told me that reporting on sports would get you fired. You need to find a "story" inside the facts, and play it like a damned $2 violin, to make people pay attention.

Every time I see "source information," I listen for that damned violin.

Agree TW, and no offense to anyone here, but sources need context or they're just talk. You get stories all year from various outlets about NFL teams and some of it is good, some is crap. Without context you don't know what validity you can put on what they are commenting on. Is it someone who sits in on high level meetings/discussions? If not then it's just water cooler talk. Is it someone with an ax to grind with MM, AR BG, Murph or Ball? If so, then the source is maybe skewing things in a certain direction.

I've worked for a couple of large (huge) companies. People talk all the time like they know something. SOmetimes they do but about half the time or more it's crap and what they are claiming is either stories based on insufficient information or exaggerated. Listen to it all but don't bet on any of it if you don't know for sure.

Take for example the reports of Russ Ball being part of coach selections. I don't doubt that it's true, but what does it mean. Some people are suggesting it means Russ has some sort of equal say or control, but we don't know that. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I've been at hiring interviews both for people who would report to me and for people who would clearly be my superior. Sometimes I was there just to help others clarify things for a candidate that was often asking almost as many questions about our operation as we were about their qualifications. Maybe coaching candidates (who may need to be sold as much as they are selected) have questions about finances, CAP room, future contracts, etc. Ball would be there because he's in the best position to answer those questions. If I'm not in the room and closely behind the scenes, I don't know what Ball's role is. I only know that he's there.

Ball's involvement might only be as far as helping to determine what pay they can afford to give a new coach and assistants. That could have an effect on any offer. You don't want to offer $3 mill to a guy who will demand $7 mill, because it's going to be a whiff. The last thing a team wants is to look like they've been brushed off. It lives a sour taste in their mouth, and a lot of bad juju.

I think any HC candidate would come prepared knowing what cap space the team has, contracts. It’s all public for the most part hell many of us reference it here and if you need more the NFLPA has it. As to what you can afford to pay a HC and / or assistants, this organization is far from poor and if they come out and low ball a guy or even make the appearance of being cheap sure it’s going to brush off candidates and rightfully so. And as a side note or pay any agent worth his salt has had a conversation already as to perameters. It’s part of due diligence by both parties

Murphy said from day 1 this was a decision by committee of 3. How much input each has is open to debate. My opinion is Murphy trusts Ball in more ways than just finances. Let’s see how it plays out

Sources? Man thought we left all that behind at a place we left.

Mark: on total packers, never heard of it until other week on tv show with Larry McCarren hosting.

Pack: great points on ure post above. Would hope we don't lowball as that would be return to pre Wolf. Also would hope on new HC and staff Murphy would lean more on Gutey. As I said time will tell.

Back