Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Matt Campbell insists he intends to stay at Iowa State, but he's also thought to be NFL ready and trending up.

I think McDaniels is the right choice if he commits.

Connect the dots....

Said he wants to coach AR. Heir apparent to Belechick, odds are when Brady retires, so will coach B. So a whole start over, especially when they traded the QB to take over for Brady away.

Two already has a partial staff put together.

Three AR With Brady being friends, McDaniels might be the right fit. That's if AR was serious about wanting to be coached.

4 the Offensive system seems QB friendly from the way Mark explained it. AR buys in, could extend his career.

However the big questions and why he might not take/get the job:

1.) Are the Pack willing to pay?

2.) Will Murphy screw this up and instead of taking McDaniels, Riley or the like, go for a guy he knows?

3.) By now we all know how the Belechick system works for acquiring players drafting and use of free agency, but will Murphy allow Gute freedom to do this?

And finally can all 3 work together?

So while he might seem like the logical choice the brass could go so many other directions. Hopefully not one that sends us back to the 70s & 80s

Connect the dots....

Said he wants to coach AR. Heir apparent to Belechick, odds are when Brady retires, so will coach B. So a whole start over, especially when they traded the QB to take over for Brady away.

Three AR With Brady being friends, McDaniels might be the right fit. That's if AR was serious about wanting to be coached.

4 the Offensive system seems QB friendly from the way Mark explained it. AR buys in, could extend his career.

2.) Will Murphy screw this up and instead of taking McDaniels, Riley or the like, go for a guy he knows?

3.) By now we all know how the Belechick system works for acquiring players drafting and use of free agency, but will Murphy allow Gute freedom to do this?

So while he might seem like the logical choice the brass could go so many other directions. Hopefully not one that sends us back to the 70s & 80s
Take any of these reports with w major grain of salt

Connect the dots....

If he is a candidate no the Pack will not be willing to pay ...

Mark Murphy on why he's best suited to hire the coach instead of GM Brian Gutekunst: "I've been a player, an athletic director for 17 years, I've hired many many coaches, several football coaches. I feel like I'm a football person, even though I'm in a position of president, and I think this gives the Packers the best chance to have success."

This is why Murphy needs to go. He wasn't hired to make that decision. The guy is full of himself. When he left Northwestern there were quite a few who weren't unhappy to see him go. Frankly, I was surprised the Packers tapped him from what I knew personally. Name one accomplishment you can point to. Fitzgerald was at NU before he got there, TT, MM were with the Packers before he got there. The guy has absolutely nothing to make that statement with such an ego. I said it before, Harlan and Wolf have discussed at length that the key to turning this franchise around was getting upper mgmt out of the football decisions. This should be Gutes call.
I'm not saying I have the answer, but my question is: Why do we think Gute is more qualified to hire the next coach, over Murphy?

I'm not saying I have the answer, but my question is: Why do we think Gute is more qualified to hire the next coach, over Murphy?
That's a very good question and I second it in all sincerity. I haven't been very happy with Murphy but I've had time to step back and ask the same question as you have. Maybe Gutey doesn't want anything to do with it. Maybe he's a personnel guy.

Back