• Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Other Player not named

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida because he's a player GB has interviewed and is in the correct value range.

Wow can't belive Hunter Henry is leading think TE is a luxury pick and that we have more pressing needs to fill first as a TE won't help this team win a SB IMO.

think someone stuffed the ballot box there at the end. never saw anyone even mention henry in the thread.

think someone stuffed the ballot box there at the end. never saw anyone even mention henry in the thread.
I voted for him. We needed a TE. Tons of DL in this draft and the rest of you convinced me that Brothers wasn't worth it a ILB.

I voted for him. We needed a TE. Tons of DL in this draft and the rest of you convinced me that Brothers wasn't worth it a ILB.
Henry was nice but Ted goes BPA don't think Henry was BPA.

Though I think it's a bit of a reach drafting Hunter in the first round, he would probably play more snaps than any other rookie we would draft here. Seriously, with Ragland gone there isn't another ILB who is guaranteed to come in and play that many snaps. Any DL we draft would be in a rotation, any OL is probably going to be a back up the first year. I can't think of another position where a rookie could come in and get more snaps than Hunter. Just saying.

I'd still rather draft Billings.

First round I don't mind any of: OLB/ILB/DE/TE. All need picks.

Even OT if they think they have found an upgrade over Bakteria and more stable than Bulaga. We could have a likely need for a tackle at some point with Bulaga's injury history and Bakteria being good but not great and also soon to be FA along with 2 other OL guys next year.. Although I wouldn't be THRILLED with an OT, I could be convinced it was a good move and get him ready to be a starter by 2017.

I'd prefer a defensive rookie all things being equal because it seems like our defensive rookies have had a better chance to be impact guys right away. You can say Henry would play the most snaps, but with MMs and ARs whole "trust" thing, it seems like rookie pass catchers don't usually get starting roles in this offense.

Unless Henry is the exception, I suspect he would start out the season in a limited role and probably play less than half the TE snaps for the first 8-10 games. Maybe late, they'd give him an expanded role. Just seems like the way things work with MM and AR running the show on offense.

That doesn't make Henry a bad pick, it's just that I'd have preferred defense.

Back