Vikings running game

TW

Reaction score
Watching last night's game, the Vikings have a two-man show in their passing game. Cousins to Jefferson. Four TD passes for Cousins. Wow! Everyone else stood around and watched them play catch. There was no running game for the Vikings. It cost them. Despite Cousins ringing up over 350 yards in the air, they were so bad in their ground game that all they had was the two man air game. Three turnovers? That's a recipe for defeat.

As for the Eagles. Hurts just plain hurts, in my opinion. I don't care what anyone thinks, the guy just isn't nearly as good as we keep hearing he is. I can't point out one phase of his game that shows me he's a solid QB. His running game will never make up for his lack of passing ability. That said, his passing game against the Vikings showed how weak the Vikings pass defense really is. But, that's just my opinion. The Eagles were lucky to win this one.

Last edited:
MN was missing their starting C and LT, hard to have a run game that way.
Good point. They obviously don't have the depth on the O-Line to maintain any consistency if there are injuries.

Good point. They obviously don't have the depth on the O-Line to maintain any consistency if there are injuries.
They've had OL issues for a while, and I think Stefanski has done a good job improving them with what they have but Eagles front is no joke, tough to ask backups to hold up to those guys on the road, especially when playing from behind.

Didn't watch the game but the score makes it seem like it was a close game 34-28. Anytime the Vikings lose, it's a good day.

Didn't watch the game but the score makes it seem like it was a close game 34-28. Anytime the Vikings lose, it's a good day.
Eagles went up big, and dominated 3/4 of the game. Vikings scored some big, late TDs to make it close but Eagles took care of business. Typical kind of Vikings game. Last year they were winning those games, not this year.

They should have kept Cook found way to move money around elsewhere. Cousins is likely done in MN as they have not extended him and let him go into his walk year. They won't tag him because it would be a third tag at 140%. Question is if MN keeps losing could they maybe trade Cousins to the Jets for say a day 3 pick?

They should have kept Cook found way to move money around elsewhere. Cousins is likely done in MN as they have not extended him and let him go into his walk year. They won't tag him because it would be a third tag at 140%. Question is if MN keeps losing could they maybe trade Cousins to the Jets for say a day 3 pick?
cousins completed over 70% of his passes for 364 yards, 4tds, 0ints, and a rating of 125.6. the problem is not cousins. he's still a good qb. better than the vikings deserve at this point. but you're correct - i don't think the vikings have any intention of re-signing him.

If MN traded Cousins to the Jets he wouldn't want to go somewhere as a rental he'd want a longer term deal, that would mean the Jets wouldn't need Rodgers and the Vikings would need a whole new QB and Rodgers would need a job and... no... NO.... NO NO NO NO NO!

Back