To Recap Week 11: Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh What a Relief it Is

Titletown Soundoff

Reaction score
To Recap Week 11: Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh What a Relief it Is, by James Korsmo

WE DID IT! WE WON A GAME!

Defense

I think I would rather swim in a pool filled with emaciated piranha whilst wearing a pork chop bikini than face BJ Raji, Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, or Clay Mathews on a football field. The defense completely dominated the game, and now Teddy Bridgewater will have nightmares and new underwear to buy. Seriously, he looked absolutely terrified for most of the game. Cordarrelle Patterson got so frustrated, he headbutted Mason Crosby. That is an actual thing that happened.

Adrian Peterson almost tried to pick fights with grown adults, but changed his mind. It was a complete turnaround from the past 3 games. Dom Capers is like Houdini. Just when you think the flaming rope is going to burn through, he pulls a handcuff key from his undertongue and gets away.

Wide Receivers

James Jones stole my look. There, I said it. But he also caught a ridiculous touchdown and made a fantastic juggling catch for 38 yards on third down in a clutch situation, so I will forgive him for taking my “slacker dad” hoodie ensemble. Randall Cobb dropped more balls than the producer of Captain Kangaroo. (Google it, kids.) His only saving grace was a touchdown reception on a perfectly thrown slant.

Davante Adams appeared to reinjure his ankle. Hopefully he will be okay, because at this rate Ty Pennington will play before Ty Montgomery does. However, through trial comes triumph, and today triumph arrived in the form of Jeff Janis. I make a lot of jokes about Janis, but the play where he drew a pass interference penalty for 50 yards was one of the biggest plays of the game.

Rodgers underthrew the ball–possibly on purpose–and Janis played it like a veteran. He’s an old soul, that Janis. His long kickoff return after a Minnesota touchdown was the cherry on the Janis sundae.

Eddie Lacy

Had his best game of the year by a long shot. Lacy showed a lot of guts all game, and not just the one sticking out from his jersey. He clearly was ailing from some assortment of lower body injuries, but he racked up his first 100 yard game of the season. Perhaps most encouraging was the return of passion into his running.

He was the Eddie Lacy of 2014 again, spinning out of tackles and lowering his shoulders to truck the unfortunate Viking players that chose to enter his orbit. It was really encouraging to watch.

Mason Crosby

Successfully avoided Tim Masthay’s hands all game. I was worried about him going into the game, since the 2012 season has forever scarred my psyche, but he was the MVP today going 5/5 on field goal attempts.

Rodents

This guy. He (She? I’m not knowledgeable on rodent gender profiles) had more yards than Adrian Peterson today. I’m a little surprised John Kuhn didn’t find a .22 to hunt it down.

Next Week

Next week is actually this week, which is confusing and makes my head hurt. But on Thanksgiving night, the Bears come to Lambeau for their annual beating. It promises to be a special night, as Bart Starr is going to be there to watch the Packers retire Brett Favre’s number and Crocs.

It feels so nice to be able to write something without it feeling like an obituary. This team isn’t back to 100% yet, but they are getting there. Before the game I tweeted that today we would find out the true identity of the 2015 Green Bay Packers.

I think we discovered today that this is a gritty team, who are as sick of losing as the fans are of watching it. The defense especially showed a fire today that has been lacking. They held Adrian Peterson to 45 yards on 13 attempts. You can’t ask for much more. When Aaron Rodgers and the wide receivers get back to 100% synchronization, if the defense continues to play like this, I would hate to have to play the Packers.

Thank you for reading. James Korsmo is a featured writer at Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @jksub20. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading @http://titletownsoundoff.com/ ...

i'm pretty sure that last picture was supposed to be a squirrel.

anyway, it was a fun read. love the captain kangaroo reference.

Back