There is no question the Packers have become the Murphy Show

Bobby didn't pull any punches. He must read this forum.

Def not Al Davis unless Murphy starts dictating draft picks ..
Seriously . . . you may not like Murphy, but he's nowhere near where Al Davis was, or Jerry Jones now. Jerry just can't ever shut up . . . and he just talks in circles.

Howard,
I think you just proved my statement. Murphy is an ego maniac, loves to hear himself talk, and is involved in all football operations.

That is Jerry Jones. Ding Ding Ding!

Howard,
I think you just proved my statement. Murphy is an ego maniac, loves to hear himself talk, and is involved in all football operations.

That is Jerry Jones. Ding Ding Ding!
Well, I'm not in WI to see all of it . . but there's no way he's anywhere close to Jerry. I'm not sure how I proved your statement. You're hearing everything that he has to say right now because things are happening in GB - and reporters are asking him to comment.

Most go for it, driven, successful people are ego maniacs. It's in their make up.

Murphy will simmer down.

If he meddles it will be a problem.

But, I'm pissed at myself for getting concerned earlier about what someone said who rights about others' shots.

all is right with the world. bob mcginn still hates the packers.

Guess one could take this two ways. One is the image Bob wrote and many think.

Or this one.....

Packers are the only public owned franchise and corp. JJ and Davis are sole owners as is all professional sports franchises.

So like it or not Murphy is the CEO and answers to BOD and stockholders. There is some opinion that he took a backseat two years too long with TT and MM.

It's possible not saying fact, that maybe he got a little bit of heat for recent declines.

So just maybe Murphy taking control of football side of things and this presser was his way of assuring board and stockholders he's doing his due diligence and everything he can to return this franchise back to prominence and not ego?

Yes it's sink or swim but that is part of his job of CEO of being in charge. No different then say a CEO of GM.

Back