The Sunset Years Of Aaron Rodgers

A subject no one wants to talk about and one that can't be avoided is the fact Rodgers is going into his sunset years. While it's possible he plays until he is 40, it's not a given and even so QB physical skills tend to erode in the 30's after taking hit after hit each season.

So really at what point do you seriously draft or acquire your next starter ? In a perfect world you really want the next guy in to sit and learn for 3 yrs behind Aaron.
Thoughts ?
I am of the belief that MM and TT think they can scout someone who has the tools and DESIRE to become a good NFL QB. I think they see that in Hundley, the basic skill set with the burning inside to be the best. Hundley showed flashes of brilliance and awfulness in college. But, I think MM and TT saw the skill set was there and that they could correct the decision making. He seems to be much improved. I hope they keep looking and maybe next year grab another project they can teach to be an NFL QB.
Though I don't like MMs conservative play calling late in big games, I believe he is a very good developer of young signal callers. I like what Gannon said, that MM showed him HOW to be a better QB. How to study film. That's whats happening with Hundley and next year I hope we draft another good student.

Back