The Crew is winning??

I've thinking about what has happened so far this season and I wonder if after all of this losing and bad breaks if the guys are starting to just go thru the motions. It can't be easy to go to the ballpark day after day and get your head bashed in by every club from both leagues. I can't imagine playing every day and have everything go wrong. Some of the screw-ups are self-inflicted but even so, after a while it has to be emotionally draining on both the players and the coaches. It almost looks like the harder they try the worse it gets. You can see it on their faces. It is all rather sad, frankly. If they lose we feel bad but we go on with our lives. But this IS their lives so it can't be any fun no matter how much money they make. :(

Counsel has a huge job ahead of him to keep those guys from totally giving up and keep motivated. Don't envy him at all..

This team was put in a bad place when the entire Braun thing came out. The face of the franchise gets busted.

On top of his lack of production, he can't stay in the lineup due to injury. Bigger problem us that with his contract he was supposed to deliver leadership on the field and in the locker room and with all that's transpired I don't think he has the respect Translation this team has no leadership.

And it's not going to get better anytime soon. His contract is in reality un traceable. For a small market team it gives Milwaukee zero flexibility. No matter who the GM is or who the manager is there are a few lean years ahead due to #8

I feel bad for them.. Watched the game against COL today.. Lots of half hearted swings at the plate (including Braun) taking gift pitches, swinging at bad ones. Team has no leadership right now. Hopefully someone steps up...

Segura and Parra seemed to be the only guys hustling out there...

The Braun contract sucks for sure. But the chain around the Brewers neck from him and the scandal may not be worth it. May be better to cut him and swallow the $$...

There really is no way to swallow the $'s. Cutting him doesn't change anything. You have to pay him the entire contract if you cut him and that will be a millstone for the next 5 years. You almost have to keep him around and hope you get some production from him.

It does speak to the idea though that the next few years will be tough and the best thing to do is rid yourself of as many veteran contracts as you can no matter the return. Braun is the exception because nobody will trade for his contract. The Garza contract is the other problem right now as well. Two years left (I think) on a deal that is way overpriced for his production. Unless he turns it around before the trade deadline he might be a tough piece to move as well because other teams don't want the contract as baggage.

Back