The Crew is winning??

Pugger

Reaction score
After such a horrible start to the season it appears the Crew is starting to play some decent baseball. They've won 7 out of the last 11 games and 2 series. If they win again today that will be 3 series in a row. And the teams they are playing well against are the top teams in their respective divisions/leagues. Right now they are fun to watch. Could switching managers have made the difference here? br)

It sure will make them more fun to watch the rest of the summer, but you wonder if things go back in the dumper once they start trading away veterans. Hopefully the young guys compete and keep things interesting. It's a long summer when the baseball team stinks.

Just goes to show though how important the awful start was. They just finished a winning road trip and lost ground in the division. Went 7-4 in their last 11 games and are still the 2nd worst team in baseball. You have to be just unbelievably hot to make up any serious ground.

If the team is playing well with this group will there be a fire sale even if they haven't gained much ground on the Cards? sh))

Teas can often get a bump from a change in leadership.. They're 5-5 over last 10 and lost 3 in a row. We'll see in a couple weeks if the upward trend continues.

Hopefully those trades that are coming will bring in some better pitching. They've given up 19 runs in the last 3 games.. ouch...

The starting pitching outside of Lohse hasn't been too bad and the guys in the pen have been pretty good too. Its unfortunate the bats have gone cold again... :(

Brewers are hard to figure out.. They should be playing better than they are..

I rewatched last nights game on FoxWI at the gym today. Everyone just looked off. Not fielding cleanly, bad hitting.. Questionable pitching.. Looked like a lot of mental mistakes..

Yes, I wasn't home to see the game last night but hubby said they looked pretty lousy. :(

to be honest they are in such rough shape they need to trade Braun, get what they can, and start over from scratch.

I've thinking about what has happened so far this season and I wonder if after all of this losing and bad breaks if the guys are starting to just go thru the motions. It can't be easy to go to the ballpark day after day and get your head bashed in by every club from both leagues. I can't imagine playing every day and have everything go wrong. Some of the screw-ups are self-inflicted but even so, after a while it has to be emotionally draining on both the players and the coaches. It almost looks like the harder they try the worse it gets. You can see it on their faces. It is all rather sad, frankly. If they lose we feel bad but we go on with our lives. But this IS their lives so it can't be any fun no matter how much money they make. :(

Back