The Alliance?

Just can't see them worth paying 15-20 million a year to join a conf.
Well conferences don’t charge a “fee” to join its not like pro sports expansion. If you bring in a team it’s how much value they bring to the the conference network and other TV deals outside of that. Texas and Oklahoma will probably boost the SEC deals with ESPN about 20%. And assuming both won’t be 100% vested for 3-4 years they are a conference cash cow.

When you think alliance, don't think in terms of shared income, etc. Think about what it really is. There's one old quote that covers it.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

This Alliance would be more in principle, intent on not allowing the SEC the control they believe they're going to have.

An absolute joke. Jim Delany should be livid. Let’s see what these this gets you

• So one less conference game / cross over game. So in the case of Wisconsin let’s replace OSU or PSU or Michigan or MSU with Oregon State or Cal or NC State Outstanding sc))I’m sure fans will love the extra travel.
  • Did these simpletons not look at their future schedules and realize schools like Wisconsin already have Utah, UCLA, Va Tech on their schedules?
  • More attractive games for TV? Spare me. So every 2-3 years let’s get OSU vs USC or Penn State vs Clemson. Wonderful while the SEC each week has 2-3 compelling games every year
  • So let’s screw up the CFP playoffs more. Did these Rhodes Scholars know what drives boat? Expansion in playoffs makes more $$$ for everyone
  • Is the SEC scared? No actually they are laughing because they made the proactive move by expanding revenue
As a Big Ten fan i am pissed and Warren needs to be shown the door. The conference with its network is the next big gorilla in the room and sold out to a conference that has Clemson and the dwarfs and the most disfunctional conference in America. An embarrassment

When you think alliance, don't think in terms of shared income, etc. Think about what it really is. There's one old quote that covers it.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

This Alliance would be more in principle, intent on not allowing the SEC the control they believe they're going to have.
And if the report is true with what the outline of the Alliance is, it’s does nothing to address what the SEC did or does in the future. It’s actually a step back. The landscape of college football / athletics for that matter is changing and it has zero to do with “like thinking”.

Let’s not be naive, the so called “college model” they want to protect, that ship sailed when the CFP playoffs started and the BSC went away. Stanky played them like a fiddle

This quote from the article and let me just wager it did not come from a coach or AD in any conference

"Some of things we've been doing to ourselves, that just needs to stop," said one high-profile official from a school within the would-be alliance. "Some of this shit, we're talking about expanding to 12 [teams]. For two teams that [go all the way], that's 17 games. We're going to talk about 'these kids aren't professionals' and we don't pay them? I firmly believe in the academic value of what we're doing, but at a certain point, it looks like professionals. … I firmly believe in the academic piece that we're providing."

I wonder if he / she ever looked at a balance sheet and understood the revenue streams in his / her institution.
96F594E9-F762-4B87-8B3B-A44B6F8A9ED5.jpeg

Those figures are staggering. I was amazed that the Big 10 actually had more shared revenue than the SEC. I was also amazed that the Big 12 was ahead of the Pac-12. ACC would be 5th, the way I thought.

This all brings up so many scenarios of where this whole thing will go. I also agree with the author. They have to quit looking at it as if they were Amish farmers. The pure state of student first is in the rear view mirror I'm afraid. It has been slowly dying for a long time now.

Those figures are staggering. I was amazed that the Big 10 actually had more shared revenue than the SEC. I was also amazed that the Big 12 was ahead of the Pac-12. ACC would be 5th, the way I thought.

This all brings up so many scenarios of where this whole thing will go. I also agree with the author. They have to quit looking at it as if they were Amish farmers. The pure state of student first is in the rear view mirror I'm afraid. It has been slowly dying for a long time now.
To be fair and balanced, the SEC share will grow with Texas and Oklahoma so reality is it leaps to #1

Here is the million pound gorilla in the room right now. These Alliance discussions are with the University presidents only, no AD's. Jack Swarbrick must be fuming right now. He was the guy with Stanky who pushed for expanded playoffs. Now ND might be on the outside looking in since they are technically part of the Alliance.

Back