Thankful, Not Entitled, to Root for the Packers

sb(GBkrzygrl,

I respectfully disagree. When a team puts that bad of a product on the field against a team like that, they deserve to be booed. They were also coming off two horrible games before that. If this team thinks they can get a free pass on that when they started out 6-0, then they are sadly mistaken.

These players need to put their big boy pants on and start to play some actual football. There. I am now off of my sb(. thumbsup

I don't see this kind of discussion in a thread about rooting for the Packers as off-topic or hijacking. And, of course, soapboxes are the whole reason that the forum exists.

I'm more of the post #11 variety. When my millionaires are trying as hard as their millionaires, they deserve to know how Joe Sixpack feels. Play hard and lose, that's one thing. Mail it in, that's quite another.

Purely out of interest, and realizing that this forum maintains civility, I'd like to ask GBkrzygrl what is the appropriate manner in which to show one's displeasure with a effort like yesterday's.

More than anything I am very disappointed when I hear fans booing in the stadium. Yes even when the team is playing like crap, you don't boo.

The hell I don't!!! I have just as much right to boo as I do to cheer. With what it costs to attend a game, if they play suck football all afternoon I'm damned well going to boo. And it has nothing at all to do with other fans - they should have the sense to know that I'm booing the team, not them, and if they don't that's their problem. I obviously don't get to many games anymore living here in Kentucky now, but if I'd been at that one, I'd have booed until I lost my voice.

I don't see this kind of discussion in a thread about rooting for the Packers as off-topic or hijacking. And, of course, soapboxes are the whole reason that the forum exists.

I'm more of the post #11 variety. When my millionaires are trying as hard as their millionaires, they deserve to know how Joe Sixpack feels. Play hard and lose, that's one thing. Mail it in, that's quite another.

Purely out of interest, and realizing that this forum maintains civility, I'd like to ask GBkrzygrl what is the appropriate manner in which to show one's displeasure with a effort like yesterday's.

That is an excellent question for which I don't have an answer. sh)) I just personally feel like booing is not helping. To me it only causes more frustration.

That is an excellent question for which I don't have an answer. sh)) I just personally feel like booing is not helping. To me it only causes more frustration.

I'll agree with you Krzygrl. I always believed in the 'karmic' balance and booing doesn't help. I understand some feel it's their right to boo, I have no problem with that either. They paid their money, its America and its not vulgar.

Offered alternative: Grocery bags on your head! Nothing conveys disgust with your team better than fans with bags on their head. You can even write a little message on them and the cameras love to show those guys/girls. If you wish to make a point- Bags Away!!

They keep playing the way they have been the last few weeks, I'm going to put a plastic grocery bag over my damned head, and to hell with the eyeholes!

They keep playing the way they have been the last few weeks, I'm going to put a plastic grocery bag over my damned head, and to hell with the eyeholes!

i'm sure a few around will have no problem with you doing so...:)

Back