Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

sorry it took so long to answer this. i missed it until i was going through the entire thread one more time. elliot wolf was responsible for scouting pro players. he did not scout college players. so the answer would be yes, we know that he did not scout any players that turned out as good picks.
Well, that's probably why he hasn't landed a GM job yet. I wouldn't hire a GM that had primarily scouted pro personnel and not college. I wondered what was keeping people from hiring him. Wish the best for him.

Well, that's probably why he hasn't landed a GM job yet. I wouldn't hire a GM that had primarily scouted pro personnel and not college. I wondered what was keeping people from hiring him. Wish the best for him.

Good point Wolfman. The same reason that Ball wasn't a good choice. It's kind of like telling some guy who's flown as a passenger lots of times in a 747 that he can fly the plane to Chicago.

Actually, I think Reggie McKenzie had the same job title with the Packers as Wolf does.

I think Wolf is just not getting hired because he's still viewed as a really young guy who needs more experience. He's not currently scouting but he has a history of doing some scouting as I recall. I think he needs to take a job somewhere as a scout or as a director of scouting and prove himself.

Actually, I think Reggie McKenzie had the same job title with the Packers as Wolf does.

I think Wolf is just not getting hired because he's still viewed as a really young guy who needs more experience. He's not currently scouting but he has a history of doing some scouting as I recall. I think he needs to take a job somewhere as a scout or as a director of scouting and prove himself.

It probably plays into it that he is so young and does not have much experince. Gutey has like double the time Wolf has in on the job.

It probably plays into it that he is so young and does not have much experince. Gutey has like double the time Wolf has in on the job.
The more I watch Gutekunst and listen to him, the more I think this was a very good hire. I’m excited to watch him in action. I love that we have a guy who might actually fill some holes before the draft. Gasp!! pop(

The more I watch Gutekunst and listen to him, the more I think this was a very good hire. I’m excited to watch him in action. I love that we have a guy who might actually fill some holes before the draft. Gasp!! pop(

Yes I think he is goig to be more like Wolf use FA but not depend on it to fix all the problems

Yes I think he is goig to be more like Wolf use FA but not depend on it to fix all the problems
Perfect! I don’t want him spending like a drunken yuppie. Just fill holes and leave the draft wide open.

Eliot Wolf picked the Browns over the Packers and Raiders, and will re-join GM John Dorsey in Cleveland, a source told ESPN.

Eliot Wolf picked the Browns over the Packers and Raiders, and will re-join GM John Dorsey in Cleveland, a source told ESPN.
Can't say I blame him. Now watch him be beyond genius and the Browns win the SB while the Packers become the 3rd team in history to go 0-16! :D

Back