Supplemental Draft

dannobanano

Reaction score
The Supplemental Draft is today and there’s been substantial buzz that the Packers may draft Jalen Thompson/S (Wash. St).
Speculation is that it could be 3rd or 4th round if he’s still available.

Do they really feel burning a 2020 pick in 2019 is a necessary thing to do?
And are they that disappointed in their Safety group that they feel this could be in the teams best interest?

Or, is Thompson just that good that he’s worth making this move?

The Supplemental Draft is today and there’s been substantial buzz that the Packers may draft Jalen Thompson/S (Wash. St).
Speculation is that it could be 3rd or 4th round if he’s still available.

Do they really feel burning a 2020 pick in 2019 is a necessary thing to do?
And are they that disappointed in their Safety group that they feel this could be in the teams best interest?

Or, is Thompson just that good that he’s worth making this move?
I take any “buzz” with a grain of salt. As to safety yes depth is still an issue so if they grade this guy high I guess I’m on board. Never watched the kid play

well, it's more than just a "buzz". the packers actually brought thompson to green bay for medical exam and interview. personally, i'd rather bring in boston if we need another safety.

Maybe a 4th as that's a day 3 pick and I would be willing to give up a day 3 pick for possible quality depth. But more then that pass with Savage and Amos as starters.

Also Boston I think is a guy holding out for a multi-year offer as past 2-3 years he has played under 1 year deals and I think he has no interest in doing it again and is willing to see if a injury happens in TC.

Also Boston I think is a guy holding out for a multi-year offer as past 2-3 years he has played under 1 year deals and I think he has no interest in doing it again and is willing to see if a injury happens in TC.

i'd be more than willing to give him a 2-3 year contract. he has been one of the highest graded safeties the past two years and he's only 27. he's only missed two out of the last 32 games. three interceptions in each of the last two years. i think he'd be a good acquisition as the third safety.

Washington State S Jalen Thompson was selected in the fifth round by the Arizona Cardinals, per source.

Back