Scouts Like Addition of Campbell

Still I rather give a younger guy with upside a shot in camp over a vet who took until June to find a job.
And the young guys will have their shot in camp. It’s called competition

And the young guys will have their shot in camp. It’s called competition
Oh yeah but if Martin and Barnes outplay Campell what do you do with him use him as a ST player for $2 million dollars?

That or eat the money. It is what it is
Yeah that's why I was kind of surprised by the signing I wonder if Barnes or Martin maybe are not 100% that they made this signing

Then pay his almost exactly what Burks is making in that role.
Burks is another guy I see no reason to keep him he's a ST only I think he is going to be cut by end of TC.

I've got no problem bringing in and paying a veteran at the ILB position. They already have plenty of youth with "upside" there. With Martin, Barnes, and McDuffie likely on the team, there is enough youth and inexperience. Now, if a better veteran could have been signed that would have been great but with the CAP situation what it is you weren't really going to get anyone better.

Not surprising as they've never really invested much in the position and when they used a little better pick, they got Oren Burks . . . ugh.

Not surprising as they've never really invested much in the position and when they used a little better pick, they got Oren Burks . . . ugh.
ugh is right. we traded away a 4th and 5th round pick to move up to the 3rd round to pick that guy. they could have stayed put and taken kenny young in the 4th. young may not be an all-pro, but at least he plays and actually starts some games.

ugh is right. we traded away a 4th and 5th round pick to move up to the 3rd round to pick that guy. they could have stayed put and taken kenny young in the 4th. young may not be an all-pro, but at least he plays and actually starts some games.
goes back to them trying to "fit" guys into a scheme that they have no business playing in.... "bargain hunting" for lack of a better term.

goes back to them trying to "fit" guys into a scheme that they have no business playing in.... "bargain hunting" for lack of a better term.
Burk did they not also try to push how smart he was and how he would be able to undertand and call the defense.

Back