Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't the media run this at a time for mass exposure and clicks? Seems perfectly reasonable from a business standpoint. The media isn't there to be your friend.

Waiting to report? They're all trying to show they're first. I have a hard time believing a reporter held a story 2 weeks. You may not.

Waiting to report? They're all trying to show they're first. I have a hard time believing a reporter held a story 2 weeks. You may not.
I don’t. Follow the money

I just thought it was rude to distract from the guys getting drafted. Aaron Rodgers drama will always draw, they could've dropped it the night before. But that's just little old me.

Yeah. How many were holding back? Weeks and months just to drop it on draft day yet Shefty then scooped the scoopers because he got it out first? All seems fishy to me.

Fortunately and sometimes unfortunately I’ve been the advertising/ media industry for 25 years. Reporters don’t have the 100% authority to lead to break with a story. That’s part of the editorial staff and even management. Draft night you maximize your audience 10 fold especially digital which in many cases is bought PPC. (Paid Per Click). So follow the money

Yeah. How many were holding back? Weeks and months just to drop it on draft day yet Shefty then scooped the scoopers because he got it out first? All seems fishy to me.
Seems like the media business to me

I just thought it was rude to distract from the guys getting drafted. Aaron Rodgers drama will always draw, they could've dropped it the night before. But that's just little old me.
Remember Disney had the draft on multiple platforms. It’s a marquee event for them. So big story + big scoop + maximum audience = $$$. And I think Milwaukee was the #4 viewership market that night.

Seems like the media business to me
So you have a bombshell and you sit on it for 2 weeks, playing Russian roulette that someone else could break the story, since so many people supposedly knew? Shefty got caught in a sketchy piece of business. You won't change my mind otherwise. He was operating on the outer boundaries on this one. He was lucky that there was some merit to it because, even by his own words;

"This was an accumulation, all during the offseason, of just listening to people talk and observing,” Schefter said. “And if we go back to the NFC Championship Game that the Green Bay Packers lost at home, did we not hear Aaron Rodgers after that game talk about his level of unhappiness, if you will, uncertainty for the future?

"Just go back and listen to that press conference, and it sounds almost like he’s saying goodbye to Green Bay. And so you’re antennas up, and I’m just telling you throughout the course of the offseason, there was rarely a week that went by that I didn’t hear something about Aaron Rodgers.”

“And then people said that the 49ers called, and I said ‘How long until it comes out that Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? Is it next week? Is it when he doesn’t show to the OTAs? Is it next month?’… It’s going to come out. What does it matter if it comes out now, or next week, or next month?”

“It was nothing that morning that came in… It was going on all offseason, you just keep hearing it, and there was more and more talk and now there starts to be Aaron Rodgers, and I said ‘You know what, this isn’t going to wait much longer,’ and it just happened to be Draft Day.”

Those were his words. He heard talk and listened to others report on it and observed others on the subject. I just think Schefter is sketchy and he got lucky with this one. I hope people look a little harder at his so called inside info and reporting.

Last edited:
So you have a bombshell and you sit on it for 2 weeks, playing Russian roulette that someone else could break the story, since so many people supposedly knew? Shefty got caught in a sketchy piece of business. You woan;t change my mind otherwise. He was operating on the outer boundaries on this one. He was lucky that there was some merit to it because, even by his own words;

"This was an accumulation, all during the offseason, of just listening to people talk and observing,” Schefter said. “And if we go back to the NFC Championship Game that the Green Bay Packers lost at home, did we not hear Aaron Rodgers after that game talk about his level of unhappiness, if you will, uncertainty for the future?

"Just go back and listen to that press conference, and it sounds almost like he’s saying goodbye to Green Bay. And so you’re antennas up, and I’m just telling you throughout the course of the offseason, there was rarely a week that went by that I didn’t hear something about Aaron Rodgers.”

“And then people said that the 49ers called, and I said ‘How long until it comes out that Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? Is it next week? Is it when he doesn’t show to the OTAs? Is it next month?’… It’s going to come out. What does it matter if it comes out now, or next week, or next month?”

“It was nothing that morning that came in… It was going on all offseason, you just keep hearing it, and there was more and more talk and now there starts to be Aaron Rodgers, and I said ‘You know what, this isn’t going to wait much longer,’ and it just happened to be Draft Day.”

Those were his words. He heard talk and listened to others report on it and observed others on the subject. I just think Schefter is sketchy and he got lucky with this one. I hope people look a little harder at his so called inside info and reporting.
Now beating a dead horse. I’m 99% confident he could not run with this unless someone above him gave him the green light. Reporters do not have carte Blanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back