Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre though I think while he did want it to stick it to GB he never came out and flat our buried the team like Rodgers did and Rodgers is doing while employeed!
Not Favre personality. Not saying Brett was not smart but Rodgers is a damn smart dude who who also has David Dunn not Bus Cook. Different dynamic

If Gutey came out and did the same type pf thing, be refreshing, I wonder how that would be taken? Would it be unprofessional of him as a GM if he a similar type presser putting Rodgers on blast? Just playing devils advocate.

If Gutey came out and did the same type pf thing, be refreshing, I wonder how that would be taken? Would it be unprofessional of him as a GM if he a similar type presser putting Rodgers on blast? Just playing devils advocate.
Well he did come out and say that we only traded for Cobb because Aaron wanted him.

Well he did come out and say that we only traded for Cobb because Aaron wanted him.
That was just to show that he caved to the demands. To show he listened to AR's wishes.

I still chuckle at the point where he says that we all know GB isn't a vacation destination and that the FA's would be coming there to play with him so he should have some input and used a recruiting tool. Did I hear that correctly? I still don't know how to take that whole presser. To be honest, not sure I even care anymore. Time to just play ball and see where all this leads.

I still chuckle at the point where he says that we all know GB isn't a vacation destination and that the FA's would be coming there to play with him so he should have some input and used a recruiting tool. Did I hear that correctly? I still don't know how to take that whole presser. To be honest, not sure I even care anymore. Time to just play ball and see where all this leads.
FA's coming here are coming to GB because either A) the check is the biggest or B) they are low end FA's who have no other offers. I have never seen one FA say I came here because I wanted to play with Aaron Rodgers.

When Cobb was originally let go, I remarked about one part of his game that would be sorely missed and that was "scramble drill." As much as Rodgers and Jordy were on the same page, when it came to broken plays, it almost always seemed to be Cobb that found the open spot. So, my optimistic side looks forward to Cobb on broken plays. My pessimistic side, however, wants to know...

...what happens if Cobb is just flat beat-out by 6 or 7 other guys? Would they dare turn right around and cut him? Would it be enough to appease Rodgers that they brought him in for the try, or are they just stuck with him even if one of his legs falls off? And IF he stinks, how hard on him are the fans going to be? Especially if a guy they let go to keep Cobb has a big year elsewhere?

When Cobb was originally let go, I remarked about one part of his game that would be sorely missed and that was "scramble drill." As much as Rodgers and Jordy were on the same page, when it came to broken plays, it almost always seemed to be Cobb that found the open spot. So, my optimistic side looks forward to Cobb on broken plays. My pessimistic side, however, wants to know...

...what happens if Cobb is just flat beat-out by 6 or 7 other guys? Would they dare turn right around and cut him? Would it be enough to appease Rodgers that they brought him in for the try, or are they just stuck with him even if one of his legs falls off? And IF he stinks, how hard on him are the fans going to be? Especially if a guy they let go to keep Cobb has a big year elsewhere?
Good question.... (y)

They'll find a role that works with Cobb, just to insure he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back