Rodgers to play past 40?

it will be interesting to see where salaries are by then. and he could always restructure his contract after 2021.
But 2 years on a deal only way to restructure would be to add more years not sure I want to kick can down road to lower cap number for years you know he likely won't play.

But 2 years on a deal only way to restructure would be to add more years not sure I want to kick can down road to lower cap number for years you know he likely won't play.

i 100% guarantee someone will sign him to a multi-year contract when his current one is over. if he is still taking his team deep in the playoffs, why wouldn't the packers extend him?

just to see if the backup qb is good enough?

They did that with Favre.

Not saying it would work the same way though.

i 100% guarantee someone will sign him to a multi-year contract when his current one is over. if he is still taking his team deep in the playoffs, why wouldn't the packers extend him?

Do you want to extend a QB past 40 years old? I don't.

To be truthful.

I’m not sure Rodgers is the kind of QB that ML wants, long term.

ML wants a guy that will implement his system.
Rodgers status and experience sort of puts him at odds with his coach on what play to call depending on down/distance.

I think ML wants a guy that will do his bidding and run the offense “his way”, and that’s not Rodgers 100% of the time.

imho

To be truthful.

I’m not sure Rodgers is the kind of QB that ML wants, long term.

ML wants a guy that will implement his system.
Rodgers status and experience sort of puts him at odds with his coach on what play to call depending on down/distance.

I think ML wants a guy that will do his bidding and run the offense “his way”, and that’s not Rodgers 100% of the time.

imho

that is a bigger issue and one that hopefully will be dealt with sooner rather than later. if you ask ml or ar, they will both tell you that is not an issue and that it is a myth created by the media. i'm not sure i believe that, but it shows that they are both trying to be flexible.

Last edited:
I think Favre took losing the NFCC game to NYG’s hard and when he said I’m done, they didn’t do anything to stop him.

We’re talking semantics here, but bottom line is that GB was “gracefully” looking for a way to move on from Favre and onto Rodgers.

It wouldn’t be that much different now.

Years on a contract are for the most part irrelevant. It’s money guaranteed at signing. All about $$$

Back