Rodgers is damaged goods!

There is a big change going on within the org right now, and it could make or break the remainder of Rodgers' career. When was the last time Aaron was challenged by coaches? When was the last time he was challenged by an alpha dog in his own locker room? When's the last time you had a D player jeer him in camp or practice for making a play on the ball? He's had the run of the place for so long that I believe he's lost focus, and I think - for whatever other faults there are with the individuals and the structure - Murphy and Gute recognize this and have set about changing the culture. How does Rodgers respond to that? Does the challenge make him regain his focus and add a chip on his shoulder? Or is the damage too deep right now, where he can't regain it with GB?

Part of Gute's job was always going to be moving on from Rodgers. Rodgers is the same age now that Favre was when they started moving on from him. Favre also retreated into his own world as his career in GB went along, same as Rodgers does now. It's vital for Gute to have major input into hiring the next HC because figuring out what to do with #12 is a challenge they will both face together and must work together to sort out. I've said it before, but the powers that be need to have an open heart to heart with Rodgers and see where his head is at. No you don't do that for every player, but he's not every player. If he's committed to seeing the roster transition through, then great. If he's not, then the worst thing would be to keep him around. You don't want to overreact and say he's done, but you also need to be realistic about whether he's done for GB or not.

I still beg to differ. I pointed out my concerns last year and he still "had it" according to most people. All of a sudden his skills vanished with one birthday? Just like Nelson. I get tired of hearing how it's all about age, when I know darned well it isn't.

This age thing is just like the other catch-all for a team's failure. "If it wasn't for injuries, we'd have won it all!" More smoke. Sorry! It is what it is, and I'm not a Rodgers fan, but I do see things in his mechanics that changed because of his injury.

But, what the hell do I know. I'll leave this conversation at this point because I'm apparently too stupid to understand that Rodgers skills left him overnight.

At the very least the search for his replacement needs to be in full swing.

I still beg to differ. I pointed out my concerns last year and he still "had it" according to most people. All of a sudden his skills vanished with one birthday? Just like Nelson. I get tired of hearing how it's all about age, when I know darned well it isn't.

This age thing is just like the other catch-all for a team's failure. "If it wasn't for injuries, we'd have won it all!" More smoke. Sorry! It is what it is, and I'm not a Rodgers fan, but I do see things in his mechanics that changed because of his injury.

But, what the hell do I know. I'll leave this conversation at this point because I'm apparently too stupid to understand that Rodgers skills left him overnight.
I'm not sure is as simple as vanish in a year. Now multiple injuries and his trust issues sure are affecting him.

He will never have a group like Jennings/Nelson/Cobb/Jones again.. or even Nelson/Cobb/Adams of a few years ago. If Arod wants to be successful he's gonna have to forget streaks without an INT and start playing a lot more like Favre..

As to Nelson the 1st 10 weeks he averaged 2.5 rec and 35.3 Yds per game, hardly impressive. Yeah it ticked up when he became the #1 target by default when Cooper was traded. And yes skills can leave quickly, not the first time

As to Nelson the 1st 10 weeks he averaged 2.5 rec and 35.3 Yds per game, hardly impressive. Yeah it ticked up when he became the #1 target by default when Cooper was traded. And yes skills can leave quickly, not the first time
True but if Nelson stayed in GB he's a solid #2 WR and while not what he was may have given them just enough to win some more games.

But that's all in the past. The big question now is who fills the #2/3 wr spot? MVS showed promise but is still a #3/4 wr at this point ...

True but if Nelson stayed in GB he's a solid #2 WR and while not what he was may have given them just enough to win some more games.

But that's all in the past. The big question now is who fills the #2/3 wr spot? MVS showed promise but is still a #3/4 wr at this point ...

Solid #2 is a reach IMO...as to the other point jury is out.

We need another WR that is a difference maker. A selection in round 1 or 2, IMO. That will make a big difference. As we know, the o-line needs to be fixed.

I do not disagree with TW. Those collar bone injuries have taken a toll. Its has had to have taken a toll. That is why I had the collar bone injuries at #1 on my list. :)

If you've had a broken collar bone, you know the toll it takes. I had one, playing baseball. After it healed, things were never the same. I had a decent jump shot in basketball, but it was gone with the injury. It's just enough of a problem to set the muscle memory sequence slightly out of sync. I never did get it back.

Back