RFA’s and ERFA’s

dannobanano

Reaction score
Packers have to factor in who to tender, what level of tender, and cap impact of these players.

RFA’s:
Bob Tonyan
Chandon Sullivan
Tyler Lancaster
Tim Boyle
Raven Greene

Tonyan is likely to be tendered above the minimum. Whether it’s a 2nd round or 1st round can be debated, but he won’t be a minimum tender.
My guess is they pass on tendering Raven Greene. He’s been on IR each of the last two seasons, and your biggest coin that keeps you in the game is availability.
Buh-Bye.
Sullivan, Lancaster, and Boyle may likely get minimum tenders.
So the only real cap impact from this group would be Tonyan.

ERFA’s:
Allen Lazard
Yosuah Nijman
Randy Ramsey
Malik Taylor

I could see all four receive a tender, but if there was one I might question it would be Malik Taylor. Minimal cap impact from ERFA’s

I’m guessing that total projected cap outlay for tenders to RFA’s and ERFA’s could be in the $6M to $7M range, with Tonyan comprising the lions share of that.

I would not even tener Boyle, Lancaster, or Sullivan at the min tenders as that's $2.1 million and none of those 3 are even worth that.

Agree. At this point all I'd do is commit a higher tender to Tonyan. I only commit to him for a year and let him prove he's an all-around TE and worthy of a bigger extension. If someone wants to give me a 1st (or even 2nd) Rd pick for him, that's OK as well.

The rest are all "just guys". Look at your roster and make some choices. Maybe tender Boyle if you think Love isn't ready, but if you want to see Love play, let Boyle walk. Sullivan is also roster affected. If you plan to let King walk and maybe cut Jackson then maybe you need to keep Sullivan. He's not very good but he's a body at a position that might be thin soon.

The rest are guys I'd maybe look to bring back on minimum type deals with minimal signing bonuses. If they move on, no real major loss on any of them.

The two Achilles blowing coverages in the TB loss were King and Sullivan. Only one would protect is Tonyan.

Back