Report: Packers' Bulaga, Perry will miss start of training camp, go on PUP list

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
https://www.wtmj.com/sports/green-b...ll-miss-start-of-training-camp-go-on-pup-list

A report says that two key Green Bay Packers starters will miss the start of training camp due to injuries.
Field Yates of ESPN says that Packers offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga and outside linebacker Nick Perry will be placed on the PUP list.
Bulaga may be battling a knee injury that kept him out of the second half of 2017.
Perry has been battling hand injuries for two years.
The Packers also announced they signed WRs Adonis Jennings and Kyle Lewis, and they put WR Michael Clark and G Cole Madison on the reserve/did not report list, with Aaron Nagler of PackersNews.com saying Clark is expected to be ending his career.

Wtf Perry.

Dude needs a nutrition program for his bones.

This "retired/did not report" nonsense is troubling to me. UDFA, Filipo Mokofisi, went on the reserve/retired list shortly after signing his contract back in May. And now, Clark and Madison (a wasted 2018 5th Round pick, apparently?)
What's going on in GB??
Two more roster spots to fill all of a sudden............:mad:

And Perry?? Looks like we're stuck with him for two more loser seasons before we can peddle his hide someplace else, before the cap numbers make sense.
https://overthecap.com/player/nick-perry/1129/

So interesting regarding Clark. I wonder if it's for his own safety, sort of like Chris Borland?
I guess you'd rather have someone retire who's heart isn't in it rather than play just for a paycheck.

So interesting regarding Clark. I wonder if it's for his own safety, sort of like Chris Borland?
I guess you'd rather have someone retire who's heart isn't in it rather than play just for a paycheck.

Borland had suffered 2 confirmed concussions, although nothing "confirmed" since high school, so it's hard to say if Clark's decision has any connection to Borland's decision.
JMHO, but I think Clark, because he was so raw/inexperienced as a WR saw the drafting of 3 big-fast WR's this year as the writing on the wall and didn't want to go through the rigors of training camp knowing he had little/no chance of even making the PS this year.
tc(

Back