Raptors 120, Bucks 102: Milwaukee has no answer, and suddenly the series is tied

BucksFeed

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Bucks looked nothing like a 60-win regular-season team. They looked broken, and they came home from Canada empty handed.

bucks

Continue reading...

Don't get too excited. The Raptors enjoyed a ton of home cooking from the officials last night. Beyond that, the Bucks don't need to win in Toronto anyway. Just get the wins at home.

The only significance I take away from this game is that it extends the playoffs while Golden State gets to rest.

I still think it's Bucks in 6, with a win in Toronto to end it.

Not as sure as you are TW. They looked lost, tired and down last night. For the first time in the playoffs, I'm a little worried. The Bucks have looked like the fresher team against everyone, but last night the script flipped. I'm still hopeful.

Right now don't know if Bucks win this watching first 4 games Bucks have struggled in 3 out of 4 games games with needing a rally to come back and win in game 1 and rally to go to OT in game 3. This is not the dominate Bucks team we have seen all year and I am worried they could not win a game rest of this series if they play like they did the last 2 games. They need to figure out what they did game 2 and repeat that as they play like they did last night again series will go to Raptors in 6.

The officiating had zero to do with losing by 18. The majority of the issues were on defense, rotations were beyond horrible, Toronto put MKE in position to switch almost every trip on D and Mirotic and Lopez and Ilyosova looked slow when they had to guard Powell and Lowry. The bench especially Brogdon were bad last night also so in a way a perfect storm. Toronto found its bench and that is where I thought the Bucks would dominate

I said it yesterday this series is much closer that people thought, playoff basketball is all about matchups. If I am coach Bud, Brogdon is starting and playing small, more minutes for Connaughton also. Make Ibaka guard a quicker guard. Not in a panic, this goes 7 and Bucks win but lot of concerning things last night

The officiating was what it was. They allowed a more physical game than they had in the first 3. The free throw parade in game three probably had a lot to do with it. If you didn't see that, you probably didn't see Shaq and Barkley say it either, which they did.

But losing by 18? What's the difference if it was 5 or 6? At a certain point you try things to get out of a hole and the score can go sideways on you. It happens, but I've watched games where the Bucks won by big margins where the games were still reasonably close with less than 3 minutes to play. Don't put that much stock in the margin.

ah, they were just losing these two games so they could play more home games for the fans.

• Haha
Reactions: TW
Playoff basketball is always more physical and if you are not mentally prepared for that you have issues. As to Game 3 Bucks were 22-33 from the line, Toronto 21-26, the issue was missed FT. We were down 13 to begin the 4th and never got closer. It was bad basketball This was a defensive failure. Bad rotations, weak close outs on Gasol and Powell. On offense it was poor but it was just missing open looks. Milwaukee got outplayed pure and simple

Of course they got outplayed. That's usually the case when you're behind an entire game and lose it at the end having never even made a run at it. It doesn't mean the sky is falling. Neither does losing two in Toronto say it either. If that was the case, Toronto would have had to pack it in after losing the first two in Milwaukee.

There's a reason home court is considered an advantage in the NBA. It's also why statistics will bear out that losing the two in Toronto certainly don't mean doom for the Bucks. They still hold home court advantage, and the next game is home cooking.

A few stats on who wins in NBA best of 7 series in the NBA. That aside, it was still a more physical game on the inside than normal. They should have had football pads on.

interesting stats. of course, as they say in the stock market: past performance may not be indicative of future results.

having said that, it looks like this next game holds a lot of significance.

• Teams that win Game 5 of a 2-2 best-of-seven series go on to win the series 84.1% of the time (116-22).
• Teams that lead a best-of-seven series 3-2 go on to win the series 85.6% of the time (172-29).

i did notice that they stopped their stats at that point.

but i have it on very good authority that teams that win game 7 of a best-of-seven series go on to win the series 100.0% of the time (133-0).

• Haha
Reactions: TW
Back