Postgame Lions beat Packers

GB starters lost to DET starters. But no injuries so success..

Like what I saw from Love. With starters and bettet OL he will be fine... almost won the game... but DEF gave it away... Love wasn't scared and took some hits standing in there. Has a good arm too.

2 weeks... worries me as they show up every week rusty and out of synch on a normal week..

We saw the future today, and while it wasn’t perfect, it makes me excited to see what he can do with a starting caliber cast with him on the field. I’m very hopeful for him succeeding.

Two weeks to rest is good. Just don’t come out flat to start divisional game.

Was it just me or was defensive game plan “pre-season vanilla” today?

I watched Rodgers in-person on family night during his second year and he looked lost. He looked that way until his 3rd year with a good game vs Dallas. Rodgers first two years he was 17/33 with no tds and one int. When he finally had a good game vs the Cowboys (3rd year), Rodgers broke his ankle and was immediately seen as Mr. Glass. Thanks to covid Love didn't even really have a rookie season and already looks better than Rodgers did in his second year....which isn't saying much.

I'm not super impressed, but I'm not going to write him off yet either. He needs more reps with starters and in live games before anyone anywhere can really evaluate him.

I watched Rodgers in-person on family night during his second year and he looked lost. He looked that way until his 3rd year with a good game vs Dallas. Rodgers first two years he was 17/33 with no tds and one int. When he finally had a good game vs the Cowboys (3rd year), Rodgers broke his ankle and was immediately seen as Mr. Glass. Thanks to covid Love didn't even really have a rookie season and already looks better than Rodgers did in his second year....which isn't saying much.

I'm not super impressed, but I'm not going to write him off yet either. He needs more reps with starters and in live games before anyone anywhere can really evaluate him.
I won't judge Love too harshly given the receivers he was throwing to and some of the OL playing. Just don't know yet if he's got it. Amari Rodgers looking more and more like another 3 round pick mistake. He may be inactive in the playoffs.

GB D last played in a dome against MN on 11/21 and had similar issues covering the crossers.

I know they just came back but with 69 and Myers in there they had some monster pockets protecting Rodgers. That’s something to feel good about.

The shame with Jordan Love is that the national market flipped over to this game right before he threw his first pick, so all the national audience saw was him throwing those INTs and not anything good before that.

I won't judge Love too harshly given the receivers he was throwing to and some of the OL playing. Just don't know yet if he's got it. Amari Rodgers looking more and more like another 3 round pick mistake. He may be inactive in the playoffs.
Beyond happy with what I saw today. He led them on three scoring drives with literally the backup o-line, St. Brown as the best receiver on the field, and the 3rd string running back after Dillon left early in the third. I'm not letting a botched everything by Amari and an ill-advised pass with a defensive tackle coming in for a free hit ruin that. Shouldn't have thrown the ball, but that's something a young QB still has the opportunity to learn.

You want to see development, and I think we saw that as the KC game went on, and it further carried on into today's game where he was playing with the 2nd string against the Lions' starters. Works for me...

A fantastic opportunity to work with the guys on the roster who are "the next man up" if there are any injuries during the playoffs. They now have a taste of being on the field, and part of the mix, and can be coached on the mistakes they made. They will be better for it.

No injuries, Love finally had a chance to move the team, and they nearly outplayed the Detroit starters. Can't say that's a bad outing.

I do not trust this defense. Never have the last 11years. Having said that, Campbell is a difference maker and he was out. Also, most of the corners came out in the 4th quarter.

Bak and Meyer looked good. I like that they moved Patrick to RG again. This oline should help moving forward. (Knock on wood)

Defense and STs will be key to this run. Can they get it done?

Back