Post Game Thread : Packers hold off Lions 34-27

Ah remember those days well. Only time got info was from someone I knew inside and often couldn't share it. Also remember when Ray started Packer Report and JS started Pack Plus and had those early year papers for years.

Then around '96 the online sites of message boards....JS was the start for many of us and then got offered to help run Ray' s report site and went from there....so much has changed over the years....

Actually, the team owes us nothing in regards to information.

i agree. the team owes us nothing except that which we have paid for. in my case - since i have never paid anything to see a game and never purchased any officially licensed merchandise, the team owes me absolutely nothing at all. for those who buy tickets and attend games and purchase jerseys and the like, the team owes you good quality entertainment. that's it.

i agree. the team owes us nothing except that which we have paid for. in my case - since i have never paid anything to see a game and never purchased any officially licensed merchandise, the team owes me absolutely nothing at all. for those who buy tickets and attend games and purchase jerseys and the like, the team owes you good quality entertainment. that's it.

You have never bought one Packer shirt at a store or hat etc ever?

Nor I. I have some stuff, but it's all been gifts from others. Can't abide the thought of contributing to what they make. Of course, I don't go to theaters or watch pay-for-view or subscribe to premium channels, either. :)

I've spent my share on tickets, and memorabilia. But, my most prized possessions came as gifts from people within the Packer organization. They mean more to me than anything else, other than the stock I own. That, to me, is what gives me the "right" to say outrageous things. rt( Yes. Rant is a good way to put it! As an owner, I have certain rights that go with it. They might not agree but.... oh well!

This direction in the thread is interesting. Off field revenue. That's where the Packers are heading, just like Jerry Jones in Dallas. The operation base for football is just a part of the overall package of what it is. A multi billion dollar conglomeration of businesses and licensing agencies that create cash flow from every source available on earth. That has to be one of the reasons the NFL has looked at going international. They want a piece of the pie from all over the world.

Of course, there is no way the Packer empire will ever match the Cowboys. Jones Cowboy empire is already worth over $4.2 billion. I laughed, years ago, when I heard figures of a billion for a soccer franchise in Europe, now I'm seeing it here, in football, but in all honesty, the football game itself is kind of like the old days of cars. It's the hood ornament of the vehicle, not the vehicle itself.

But, even if you've never spent one nickel on anything associated with the Packers, it's alright to have your say. It's kind of like politics. The turnout is usually light, yet you have five times as many people complaining about the results as those that voted. That's what it's all about here in the U.S.A.

Back