Post Game Thread: Green Bay defeats the Champs 27-19

406515914_25336244335962848_6957220659743416492_n.jpg

This was one of the best and most fun games I have been to in a long time. The crowd engery was high the whole game. The KC tried to start their stupid chant when they scored a couple times but got shut down pretty easy. My response was when GB scored was to go oh-oh-oh GO PACK GO. Until the 4th quarter then New York had the refs try to get KC bac into this it was a great game.
It was such an enjoyable game to watch on TV, and interact with everyone in shout, as well. If this is a glimpse of what this teams trajectory could be, then we are all in for an enjoyable ride.

I couldn't be more happy to be wrong on my prediction.

I believe RP was correct in saying that Jordan Love has a quite competitiveness. Love even said after the game, he had this one circled.

It is pretty tough for me to say that Love is not the franchise QB now. I think he has the skills I just hope he continues to grow and get even better. He has strung some really good games together now.

This D still stinks and cannot stop the run. 148 yards on 25 carries. 5.9 yard average.

As for the last drive and the penalties: The Chiefs got a free 15 yards due to the crap late hit call. Also on the PI non call, TW mentioned that there was a hands to the face by the Chiefs that was not called as well. Mahomes is a class act for saying that he likes when referees let them play.

I couldn't be more happy to be wrong on my prediction.

I believe RP was correct in saying that Jordan Love has a quite competitiveness. Love even said after the game, he had this one circled.

It is pretty tough for me to say that Love is not the franchise QB now. I think he has the skills I just hope he continues to grow and get even better. He has strung some really good games together now.

This D still stinks and cannot stop the run. 148 yards on 25 carries. 5.9 yard average.

As for the last drive and the penalties: The Chiefs got a free 15 yards due to the crap late hit call. Also on the PI non call, TW mentioned that there was a hands to the face by the Chiefs that was not called as well. Mahomes is a class act for saying that he likes when referees let them play.
KC RB when he got the PF should have been a 10 second run off on clock also. The ref saying out of bounds when forward progress is stopped and not winding the clock. KC was gifted at least a good 30 seconds on the clock.

RP nailed it and I thought of it when I heard Jordan speak.

Also, I agree with your second premise. I am ultra happy for Love but I am also hesitant to go overboard. I hope he continues to learn and excel but we all know, after watching many years of football, anything can happen to a career. I think he has all the tools and the demeanor and I'm so happy for the young man. It was gonna be tough following a legend and he's done a wonderful job of staying focused and staying in the moment. Here's to many more years of great QB play!

What a nice win!

Mostly positives in this game.
- Love looking like the real deal in yet another game is a huge step for him. Not going overboard just yet, but it sure looks like they have their long-term answer at QB.
- The o-line has been looking better the past few games. Not sure where that is coming from. I still feel they need to add a couple of guys this off-season with the priority being LT, RG and OC in that order.
- The WR's seem to have turned on a switch. Top-4 is a solid looking group right now. Watson finally playing like a #1 in recent weeks and particularly last night.
- Defense as a whole is doing okay. Who'd have thought they'd do what they've done against the pass with their top-3 CBs gone - Alexander, Douglas, and Stokes. The young guys have played well.
- Kraft playing more like a complete TE. Hopefully that Rd3 jinx is broken. He and Musgrave are really going to be big for this offense.
- Carlson had some shakey kicks in recent games. Last night he was dead solid.

Negatives
- Run defense is still somewhat of a problem, but it's not costing them games right now.
- Watson injury. Man he seems a little fragile. That's my biggest concern for him and why I'm still looking for another big, fast WR for more depth in his role.

If they keep this up they could win 4 or even 5 more games this year and have a stellar record for such a young team.

i thought this was an exciting game that was only slightly tarnished by bad calls and non-calls by the officiating crew in the second half. jordan love has gotten progressively better as the season has gone on. i thought he played another excellent game, and i'm excited for the future of the packers. the defense played great in the first half, and had some good moments in the second half, but proved once again that they can't stop - or even slow - the running game of their opponents. i'm beginning to think they don't even care about run defense.

anyway - what a fun game to watch! gopackgo

Back