Post Game Thread: GB defeats SF 34-17

Turned out pretty much how we expected. Not sure we learned a lot and that includes Jackson playing out of position. A win is a win. Take it and move on. Hopefully no injuries.
Jackson has been playing out of position since draft day

Jackson has been playing out of position since draft day

yeah, i really thought with mccarthy out of the picture we might see guys playing in the positions that best suit their abilities. if jackson has such a position, it certainly is not cb. but that's a big if. i'm not sure he would be any better as a safety.

maybe his best position is short order cook.

yeah, i really thought with mccarthy out of the picture we might see guys playing in the positions that best suit their abilities. if jackson has such a position, it certainly is not cb. but that's a big if. i'm not sure he would be any better as a safety.

maybe his best position is short order cook.
First he was overdrafted. Second he was fine at Iowa as a zone safety. Not saying he’s all pro or anything like that but at least he has a shot to contribute

First he was overdrafted. Second he was fine at Iowa as a zone safety. Not saying he’s all pro or anything like that but at least he has a shot to contribute

maybe. but he'd have to overcome his stupidity first.

maybe. but he'd have to overcome his stupidity first.
Agree but he’s being put in positions not to succeed. He cannot play man, and at times he on an island and that’s just not going to work

I can see nobody is talking about another trip to the Super Bowl over last night's win. It was a nice win, not impressive because of how depleted the 49ers are. Of course the Packers had some depth problems too, but not nearly as bad as the 49ers.

The one bright spot was that Rodgers did go back to someone other than Adams with the passing game, and it worked. Even after a drop.

As far as the defense, I can't take anything away from the game, good or bad. I thought they actually played scared early on, expecting to get torched, and the moment they do that, guess what happens? They get torched. Fortunately the guys from the bay didn't have enough fire power to do it with any consistency. Mullens? Watching him struggle so much, and seeing Beathard standing on the sideline, in a state of shock as to why they didn't put him in, suggested to me that Shanahan isn't really the genius that some people believe he is. He should have pulled the string on Mullens.

Watching Pettine going over to ML, and doing the chest bump, and his eyes looking like a man who just avoided the executioner's ax was not a pretty sight. It was a man in desperation, trying to get some recognition from his boss that he wasn't the worthless piece of garbage that everyone seemed to think he was. It appeared painful to even ML. Kind of like... I don't want to do this but.... oh damn! I gotta!

6-2. A lot better than I imagined to be honest, before the season. The longer ML is in GB, the more I respect his ability to beat teams that aren't in the upper 25%. As far as the upper 25%, we get our rears handed to us, because we don't have the difference makers on defense.

Not sure how much we can take from this game, it was like watching a Power 5 team beat up on an FCS team.
The Good
  • Adams and Rodgers are good. We all knew that
  • Jones looked explosive and that good but not thrilled he’s on the field last 10 minutes
  • Z Smith showed up. Good to see now get consistent
  • MVS made plays. Good to see now get consistent
The Bad
  • Jackson is a liability when he walks off the bus. Enough said
  • I get Wagner is a placeholder but injuries hurt already depleted depth. Jenkins played 3 positions last night
  • I am the only one who thinks Crosby is hurt worse than is being reported? Cold weather coming won’t help
The Rest
  • We are 6-2

It really felt like a pre-season game with all the back-ups playing. I still have very little confidence in the defense. It was nice to see them get a couple of turnovers, but again, look who they were playing against.

The OL did a great job with the back-up's back-ups and it's good to know that the offense has some pretty good depth.

Davante is a fantastic receiver. He really needs someone to compliment him. Although MVS caught two TDs he is not that person.

Jones is a great RB but I think that he will price himself out of GB. Hopefully they will keep Williams and Dillon will grow to be a good RB.

Ervin was a great pickup last year and he is a player. He hangs in there even when he is getting clobbered.

I saw a few times when Rodgers snapped the ball with several seconds on the play clock but for the most part he drives me nuts waiting for him to snap it. He is smart and still has a great arm but you can see that he is not as accurate as he used to be.

Overall, it was great to see them win and maybe moving forward this will help solidify them. But until they can beat a good team, I'm not as optimistic as I was initially.

Back