Post Game Thread: GB defeats SF 34-17

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
6-2!

It's nice to have Aaron Jones back.

MVS actually had two TD's. That means he had to catch the ball. TWICE! (okay, sorry)

Although we were playing a pretty decimated team, it was fun to see the D get in some good plays.....esp against *them*.

gopackgo

This was a game that was expected the Packers were playing a team that probably would have lost to the Jet's they were that bad. Even as hurt as the 49ers were they still at times had a few chunk plays. It shows me if the 49ers had more of their guys back the Packers defense would have likely got lit up. Josh Jackson is complete garbage and I have no idea how he's even on the roster anymore. Last night again though it seemed often Z. Smith was the only one getting constant pressure on the QB. This team needs P. Smith and Gary to start getting more pressure on the QB.

Was surprised at the work load they gave Aaron Jones last night despite them saying he was going to be limited. He had 20 touches and was in the game late when it was sealed which was stupid with him still not being 100%.

So what can the Packers do to piss off Aaron Rodgers next year? They don't draft a WR and instead take Rodgers so called replacement in the 1st round. What does Rodgers do? He is just on pace to his best year since his MVP year of 2011 and if he keeps it up would finish with 4500 yards and 48 TD's which for TD's would be a career best for him.

The Packers are off to a very good start being 6-2 at the midway point of the season. I think with the teams they face in the second half a 5-3 finish could be very likely leaving them at a 11-5 finish which likely could win them the divison and have them as probably a 3 seed in the playoffs. Now question would they be able to make any noise in the playoffs with how bad this D has played.

Not sure how much we can take from this game, it was like watching a Power 5 team beat up on an FCS team.
The Good
  • Adams and Rodgers are good. We all knew that
  • Jones looked explosive and that good but not thrilled he’s on the field last 10 minutes
  • Z Smith showed up. Good to see now get consistent
  • MVS made plays. Good to see now get consistent
The Bad
  • Jackson is a liability when he walks off the bus. Enough said
  • I get Wagner is a placeholder but injuries hurt already depleted depth. Jenkins played 3 positions last night
  • I am the only one who thinks Crosby is hurt worse than is being reported? Cold weather coming won’t help
The Rest
  • We are 6-2

Not sure how much we can take from this game, it was like watching a Power 5 team beat up on an FCS team.
The Good
  • Adams and Rodgers are good. We all knew that
  • Jones looked explosive and that good but not thrilled he’s on the field last 10 minutes
  • Z Smith showed up. Good to see now get consistent
  • MVS made plays. Good to see now get consistent
The Bad
  • Jackson is a liability when he walks off the bus. Enough said
  • I get Wagner is a placeholder but injuries hurt already depleted depth. Jenkins played 3 positions last night
  • I am the only one who thinks Crosby is hurt worse than is being reported? Cold weather coming won’t help
The Rest
  • We are 6-2
I did not think having Crosby try to kick a 55 yard FG was smart as he's hurt and asking him to put as much leg as he has still into a kick that long. But still Crosby is having a great year only has missed one XP so far

"I think that's fair to say," Adams told reporters postgame when asked if he's the best receiver in the NFL. "That's not being conceited. That's being confident."

I did not think having Crosby try to kick a 55 yard FG was smart as he's hurt and asking him to put as much leg as he has still into a kick that long. But still Crosby is having a great year only has missed one XP so far
I don’t think he looked overly comfortable even last kick, yeah I agree

Turned out pretty much how we expected. Not sure we learned a lot and that includes Jackson playing out of position. A win is a win. Take it and move on. Hopefully no injuries.

Turned out pretty much how we expected. Not sure we learned a lot and that includes Jackson playing out of position. A win is a win. Take it and move on. Hopefully no injuries.
Jackson's position should be unemployed along with Oren Burks.

Back