POST GAME THREAD: GB Defeats Seahawks

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - Maybe they feel like this was just another game or maybe they felt it was payback for three nightmare losses hung on them away from Lambeau Field.

Continue reading...

Good tough win. Showed a lot of heart playing through the injuries. If you would have told me in august the pack would have to try and win this without Nelson Bulaga, Barrington, Lacey and both Adams and Cobb banged up I wouldn't have liked their chances.

Great job by guys you don't expect like Randle, Elliot, Raji, Barclay and even Perry and Neal on certain plays. Don't think it's going to be long before Randle passes up Hayward for the number 2 corner and doesn't give it back, the kid can play.

All things considered not much to complain about. Play Clock management was an issue in both halves. They actually did a nice job stuffing the run but need to figure out the running QB. Lynch was ineffective but Wilson gashed them over and over. There were a few blown coverages but not too bad. Tackling was much better this week. The offensive line did a nice job protecting AR and opening holes for Starks. Barclay filled in nicely. Wide receiver play was suspect but it was against one of the best defensive units in the league.

Overall it was a quality win to build on.

Quality win against a good opponent.

Aaron Rodgers with the nice 4th quarter comeback win, going 9 for 9 on the decisive drive. Also kudos for McCarthy or Clements or whoever decided to change things up with the O and replace the RB with Ty Montgomery. Ran some plays that just got Monty and Cobb in space and let them pick up some yards.

Seattle is still figuring some stuff out right now. Last week you could see their OL was an issue and I thought they'd have an easier time of it against us but not so. We had free bodies on Lynch all night. BJ Raji in particular was a force against the run, and overall I think we had 7 TFLs. Graham doesn't seem like a great fit at the moment, he has no idea how to improvise along with Wilson. If that happens it'll change their offense but who knows.

Seattle got hot on two drives in the third, but overall I don't think you could ask a ton more from the D. Lynch held to under 50 yards, Graham held to a single catch. They took good advantage of our D alignments when we'd wind up with 1 OLB trying to decide between both Lynch and Wilson as a runner and Wilson gashed us. Most importantly they were able to get some stops and swing the momentum back and prevent further damage.

Bakhtiari had his hands full with Bennett and so did Barclay with Avril, and it's not going to get any easier for them next week against Houston and Hali. Seattle's front 7 is their strength right now and it lived up to the billing. Hard not to love both Sitton and Lang, who are IMO an all-time great OG tandem for the Packers. Different players than Wahle-Rivera from a decade ago but I like Sitton-Lang a little better. Running was tough sledding but effective enough to keep the clock going. Losing Lacy could have been a disaster but those guys inside did enough to let Starks gain some yards.

So overall there are definitely some areas of concern - R Rodgers with some lazy, lazy routes for half the game, the injury to Adams, the injury to Lacy, the general ability of a good DL to get pressure with 4 making it much easier for the secondary to cover our WR, game clock/TO issues (some understandable, some inexcusable) but that's part of figuring out a new season. Montgomery looked like he belonged, not just in smoothness of routes but physicality - he took some shots and kept going. He could be a big weapon as the season progresses, maybe not adding big plays but just moving the chains.

You have to admit Cobb and Montgomery are better receivers than Starks and just as if not more shifty. Yes I agree by midseason some of our rookies will be contributors like HaHa was last year

Good win. Lost the lead, got it back. Exorcised the SEA demon.

Arod did a lot with his legs. Probably made oline look better than it was. But it worked.

Elliot with two key turnovers, man of the match.

Give credit to Starks for jumping in there and playing well.

Monty and Rodgers showed up when GB needed them too at the end there.

Savor the win, some really great things on the field. But wth was up with clock management? If not for a 52 yard penalty burning those TOs early could have bit them in the rear.

"Dearest Aaron Rodgers, this Green Bay g-ma had one green, one gold, one Sacred Heart of Jesus and one Just Judge candle burning for both some very close friends needs and for you Green Bay Packers. I hope in any tiny way this counts as in 'I think God was a Packers fan tonight," he said, "so he was taking care of us'. Love gramma. "

Source Yahoo News - Author Chris Yuscavage - http://news.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers-takes-not-subtle-121425943.html

I grade the Packers pretty high at a solid B for the "chippy test" put upon them by the Seahawks. Packers were not perfect about not physically (chippy retaliating back to the provocation). You must know I do miss a lot because I watch the game on the Packers Radio Network. Good game lesson for especially younger players - we all know in professional football every player playing as hard and clean as possible can already have something happen during the course of play that nets the team a penalty. There really is no room in any game any more to be blatantly chippy to or retaliate to being chipped upon. Let your best skill and composure do the talking out on that field of play.

No 2 Regular season win meant EVERYTHING to Packers fans. Lambeau Field had the highest attendance record last night in its history.

Biggest concern for me right now is injury attrition - it is happening and having enough of the right stuff players to continue to step up and plug in where necessary and do it as solidly as possible.

Biggest peeve right is D Bak and I am usually more careful about naming names like this. The one attrition the Packers really cannot have right now is having Aaron Rodgers knocked out of a game or games. There are so many factors and so many players. I simply think D Bak has to IMPROVE big time. - Kaye

i have to admit that as i watched the third quarter my blood was boiling and all i could think was "here we go again". it looked like mccarthy got out-coached big time at the half again. so glad that they were able to figure it out during the fourth quarter and pull off the win. on offense, montgomery is looking like he can be something special for us. and on defense, it looks like raji has shaken off most of the rust and elliott just may be the missing ingredient in our pass rush.

Back