Post-game: Steelers Defeat Green Bay

Barry should be fired. But ML will not admit he made a mistake not firing him last off-season and fire Barry during the season. Wonder if Barry contract is only good thru this season? Would make excuse for team to say we are mutually parting ways instead of canning him. But if he does have another year there is no way you can bring him back. If he does return either ML is a idiot or the FO is forcing Barry on ML in which ML needs to grow a set and say I hire and fire my own staff if you won't let me prehaps you should replace me if I am just a puppet HC.

Barry should be fired. But ML will not admit he made a mistake not firing him last off-season and fire Barry during the season. Wonder if Barry contract is only good thru this season? Would make excuse for team to say we are mutually parting ways instead of canning him. But if he does have another year there is no way you can bring him back. If he does return either ML is a idiot or the FO is forcing Barry on ML in which ML needs to grow a set and say I hire and fire my own staff if you won't let me prehaps you should replace me if I am just a puppet HC.
The Packers have handled D changes in a bizarre way. I believe both Capers and Pettine simply did not have their contracts renewed. Like they were a car being leased. There was no affirmative dismissal and there was D staff continuity each time, which seems very odd not to have a D coordinator bring in their own guys. Stinks to me of Murphy/corporate policy, it’s gotta be an unappealing job at this point.

The Packers have handled D changes in a bizarre way. I believe both Capers and Pettine simply did not have their contracts renewed. Like they were a car being leased. There was no affirmative dismissal and there was D staff continuity each time, which seems very odd not to have a D coordinator bring in their own guys. Stinks to me of Murphy/corporate policy, it’s gotta be an unappealing job at this point.
Definitely a head scratcher. Good points and I sure hope that Murph and his corporate policy can adapt and change with the times. Something new is needed and a new DC needs to be able to assemble his own staff

Fortunately, Barry is in the final year of his contract, so Matt LaFleur won't have to fire him in January

Fortunately, Barry is in the final year of his contract, so Matt LaFleur won't have to fire him in January
That’s good news and all but why are the Packers structurally allergic to firing bad coaches, cutting or demoting bad players, or otherwise holding anyone accountable? This started when Murphy became more involved, it’s like HR running the shots.

Murphy will officially retire in July 2025. He turns 70, and it's mandatory. That's going to effect a lot of issues. So will the results of next season, on the field. A losing season next year, and I believe the Executive Board will ask him to turn the reins over to his successor on the football side a little early. If they having a losing season, I expect Gute and the entire coaching staff will be terminated. The new man will be asked to set up the new hierarchy. It will include change of the chain of command.

I doubt very much if there are too many well qualified individuals who would want to step in, and take the reins, after the clowns did the draft, and were already in training camp for a season. It would be near impossible to bring in new people, to control their football operations until after the 2025 season.

Asking Muphy to hand over this control would not hurt Murphy, or his position with the team. It would helping them to move forward.

Murphy will officially retire in July 2025. He turns 70, and it's mandatory. That's going to effect a lot of issues. So will the results of next season, on the field. A losing season next year, and I believe the Executive Board will ask him to turn the reins over to his successor on the football side a little early. If they having a losing season, I expect Gute and the entire coaching staff will be terminated. The new man will be asked to set up the new hierarchy. It will include change of the chain of command.

I doubt very much if there are too many well qualified individuals who would want to step in, and take the reins, after the clowns did the draft, and were already in training camp for a season. It would be near impossible to bring in new people, to control their football operations until after the 2025 season.

Asking Muphy to hand over this control would not hurt Murphy, or his position with the team. It would helping them to move forward.
Or, the board let's Murph ride it out til the end and whoever takes over, keeps the current staff a year, so the new leader can get their sea legs. Then, if things aren't going well on the field, they will purge the coaching and possibly the FO staff. I just don't see this organization doing anything too crazy. They seem to be ultra conservative in how they deal with that stuff. They don't like to shake it up very often.

Or, the board let's Murph ride it out til the end and whoever takes over, keeps the current staff a year, so the new leader can get their sea legs. Then, if things aren't going well on the field, they will purge the coaching and possibly the FO staff. I just don't see this organization doing anything too crazy. They seem to be ultra conservative in how they deal with that stuff. They don't like to shake it up very often.
That is how I see it, historically thats how GB has done that type of thing.

I have to post this again because apparently everyone either hasn't read it or you are just flat refusing to understand,

ML was asked after deciding to keep Berry why. He stated that he knew they were making a big change on offense and "they" didn't want to upset the apple cart too much by changing the defensive scheme too.

Before I get all the flack... that's not some crackpot way of doing things, it's a fairly common approach. No, I wouldn't have kept him but Jiminy Crickets boys and girls it is what is we are kind of DHH( the subject at this point.

I fully expect his contract to not be renewed after the season or..... "We have moved in another direction."

Back