Post Game : Redskins Defeat GB 31-17

I've got nothing. Rodgers start inaccurate. Drops. Penalties. They have 3 RBs and therefore actually have none.

And I have a beef with the coaching staff who are apparently one of only two teams who do not understand the new QB hit rules.

Reactions: ski
Tough loss, but whatever. Move on to Buffalo. Team loss, top to bottom. No one more to blame than anyone else...drops, penalties, missed tackles, bad passes, bad play calls, just everything. I guess Scott and Crosby did their job, other than them though it’s truly a team loss.

I've got nothing. Rodgers start inaccurate. Drops. Penalties. They have 3 RBs and therefore actually have none.

And I have a beef with the coaching staff who are apparently one of only two teams who do not understand the new QB hit rules.
Bingo on that second point

Reactions: ski
Ugh, I don't know how games like this happen but they do - just ask the Vikings. I just finished watching the game as I was not able to watch it live.

There was almost nothing to point to as a real positive other than both Crosby and Scott did their jobs in poor conditions.

Overall, Rodgers was OK but made some poor throws and decisions. The running backs were pretty solid all day. Jones ran well and I didn't really see any egregious errors for issues for Monty and Jamaal Williams who were also productive.

The WRs were not much help today other than Allison who had a good day. Adams was not very productive and Cobb was just awful. Geez Randall, how do you go from the terrific game you played in Chicago to being totally godawful 2 games later. At the same time, with his continuous fails today, why did MM and AR keep going back to him over and over again.

The secondary has some physical skills but man they just can't seem to help themselves from making one mistake after another. That said, Davon House is physically done. His legs are gone and he has to resort to grabbing almost continuously or guys run by him. I know he seemed like a decent, low-budget insurance signing, but I actually think he just needs to be let go and a younger player tried out.

I suspect we've seen the last of Mohammed Wilkerson in Green Bay. Not sure if Lowry will hold up, but he'll have to because Adams still doesn't look ready. I assume either Looney or Lancaster will get called up from the PS. I don't know if there is any help out there on the street.

Just have to wash this away and focus on next week. I was thinking we'd get off to a 3-1 start but today makes that impossible, plus who knows what to make of the Bills after the way they pasted the Vikings.

The only upside to this loss would be if it becomes part of a pattern showing that MM is no longer capable of getting it done, leading to him being let go - it'd be about time.

I feel like we're in a mini rebuild at this point. We don't really have any playmakers on defense right now and in the past when we could rely on Jordy for the big play, we don't really have anyone to stretch the field now.

Basically our only chance on big plays right now are Rodgers scrambling around for 8 seconds trying to find someone who gets lost in coverage, which is hard to do with Rodgers on one leg or a bad blown coverage like Allison's TD today. We don't really have a receiver that can go deep and create separation from the defender before the ball gets there.

Obviously going to be looking for defense in the draft but getting a receiver who can pry the lid off a defense would be great too.

Thoughts 24 hours after the game,

It took so many factors working in concert to decisively lose this game, but I think a poverty of talent is the primary factor. Specifically, the Packers seem to have a lot of "B" type guys who just can't make the jump to stardom. These guys are solid starters, do their jobs for the most part, and make routine plays look routine. The thing about these types of players, especially young ones, is that the contracts they sign tend to reflect an expectation of growth.

They're paid like A players or nearly so, Yet stars usually catch the balls that our players often drop, make the tough solo tackles that our players often whiff, make more guys miss per year, tip a few extra passes, force a fumble or two over the course of a season etc. Just due to the superiority of their individual contribution.

The calculus of football seems that the quality of a team is rarely a sum of its parts. A team of B players don't make a B team. More like a C team.tc(

Watching these games and scanning people's posts, it looks like the team needs: 1.) Two starting outside edge rushers, 2.) Two starting S, 3.) depth at WR, 4.) new starters on the right side of the OL, 5.) another young corner, 6.) another interior DL with some pass rush, 7.) one or two starters at ILB.

Do you know what that's called? It's called a rebuild. It's here, get used to it.

Back