Post Game Packers Defeat Panthers 24-16

NFL Rule 12, Section 1, Article 4-a (Page 2/11) prohibits offensive players from “pull[ing] a runner in any direction at any time”. The rule’s silence regarding pushing a runner is telling; it is legal. In fact, A.R. 12-2 at the bottom of page two provides a specific example of a ball carrier being pushed into the end zone by a teammate.

This was a pull, not a push. RBs momentum was stopped at the 1, the OL was standing at the 1, grabbed his shoulder pads and body slammed him down to the 1 foot line. Whatever, I don’t think they’re ever going to call that unless it’s ridiculous.

Refs seemed to be very one-sided in calls tonight going almost all against GB for a lot of nit picky crap. One penalty the called on GB I swore I saw Carolina jump offsides on play but no flag.

Far from one sided. GB got bailed out on a Clay Matthews like personal foul in the end zone that led that last half drive, Adams call on EZ was fine, #17 grabbed his jersey and pulled defender down, was one of 2 nit pick calls vs GB but that happens in the league each week

The good
  1. Its a win
  2. 33 made some plays and running game ate some clock
  3. 80 finally made a chunk play, he still not the answer but big play none the less
The Bad
  1. 12 was off, happens but throw to Adams down the sideline was surreal amazing
  2. Defense is what it is, King makes a solid play and next time on the field blows coverage, LB continues to be an issue
  3. Scott cannot kick in the cold, not many can but worth noting as we get into December and playoffs
Clearly no dominate team int the league , I would be thrilled to see 3-3 down the stretch and see how it plays out seeding wise. Did not expect 8-2 so enjoying the ride, playing with house money now

Let's not forget one of the most important developments: Matt LaFleur, in his first cold weather, bad weather game, did NOT come out in a big marshmallow coat and hat like a girly-man, he instead opted for a reasonable zip up light jacket with no hat and no hood. I'm happy to see coach embrace the elements, and realize that the head coach of a northern team with an outdoor stadium MUST suffer in order to appease the football gods.

Lambeau field turf is garbage. Bring back real grass before somebody gets hurt.

Whatever they are doing, the field is slick. It gets cold but they turn the heat on so all that moisture is sitting on the surface. It seems especially bad near the sidelines and at midfield. Someone not doing their job, and maybe our guys just need to wear different cleats or something.

Wait a minute I found this >>>
The organization recently completed a five-month reconstruction of Lambeau Field’s turf, transitioning from the GrassMaster polypropylene fibers it installed before the 2007 season to polyethylene-based SIS Grass.
Although Lambeau Field houses the first SIS Grass field in the United States, the technology has grown in popularity on soccer fields throughout the world over the past decade.

So it's not the grassmaster Field they had before.

Back