Post Game: Packers Defeat Giants 31-13

Are you being serious. It's hard to tell lately. This is sorta laughable but hey, it's a good thought. Let's hear from Mark. A defensive guru.

I've seen it done both ways.... It is not uncommon as an example for a power run team knowing they are going in the playoffs to show some spread looks and long passing plays in the last couple games to tell other teams on tape " go ahead play 8 in the box I'll hurt you". Most times you won't see that look again even if your forcing the issue.

It's what I have always said a chess match per say between the coordinators and staff of both teams. The key is ... "what's real" and "show'. Film/video study should always be at least 3 games to know complete tendencies.

I've seen it done both ways.... It is not uncommon as an example for a power run team knowing they are going in the playoffs to show some spread looks and long passing plays in the last couple games to tell other teams on tape " go ahead play 8 in the box I'll hurt you". Most times you won't see that look again even if your forcing the issue.

It's what I have always said a chess match per say between the coordinators and staff of both teams. The key is ... "what's real" and "show'. Film/video study should always be at least 3 games to know complete tendencies.
I was gonna say, would make sense to do both. Show some stuff you don't plan on using, and save some surprises you plan on using.

I've rarely seen a coach, defense or offense, negate what they are trying to do by trying to " show more" than what they are. It's not logical and from a coaching standpoint is a waste of time. No way the HC is wasting an inordinate amount of time on that fluff. Anything I have ever been a part of is the opposite. Take a defense, such as a LaBeau, tons of fluff? Or an appearance of generic yet you don't know where the pressure is coming from or where they are rolling coverage. They are not throwing a bunch of fluff on film in order to fool a team. Maybe for a series but that's it. Come on.

We need more real time coaches to chime in.

I've rarely seen a coach, defense or offense, negate what they are trying to do by trying to " show more" than what they are. It's not logical and from a coaching standpoint is a waste of time. No way the HC is wasting an inordinate amount of time on that fluff. Anything I have ever been a part of is the opposite. Take a defense, such as a LaBeau, tons of fluff? Or an appearance of generic yet you don't know where the pressure is coming from or where they are rolling coverage. They are not throwing a bunch of fluff on film in order to fool a team. Maybe for a series but that's it. Come on.

We need more real time coaches to chime in.

Whatever..you asked I answered. Lately your not liking anything you don't want to hear.

Whatever..you asked I answered. Lately your not liking anything you don't want to hear.
It's all vagueness wrapped in superiority. Come on, I disputed Packs vagueness about throwing it all on tapes so teams have to defense or offense against so much. You've coached Mark. That's never the main gameplan.

A wrinkle here, a series there, but never the main gameplan. Never.

It's all vagueness wrapped in superiority. Come on, I disputed Packs vagueness about throwing it all on tapes so teams have to defense or offense against so much. You've coached Mark. That's never the main gameplan.

A wrinkle here, a series there, but never the main gameplan. Never.

I am not disagreeing with you, your correct in that it would be a bit here and there. Again I am trying to bait you..the other coach into believing I am going away from my tendencies while hiding my true intentions etc. It's a cat and mouse game

OK. I love LeRoy Butler breaking down the secondary, since that's so hard to do live from just the TV angle. Here are two terrible quarters coverage plays where my (and others') knee jerk reaction was to blame a totally wrong guy:

Allowing 3rd and 12 vs the Giants. Looked like Tramon got beat in man. But actually Savage vacates his zone. Also, King bit on a checkdown but QB didn't see wide open guy in his quarter. THIS was bad King, but he didn't have to pay.

On this one, King got blamed for a 61-yard TD to Kittle, but it was both Savage and Amos blew it. Seems like Savage has a lot to learn about quarters coverage.

Back