Post Game: Packers Defeat Giants 31-13

There's no doubt this team can be very frustrating. Perhaps mostly because we know they are capable of so much better, but also because we have a high level of expectations. It certainly couldn't be that we are the least bit spoiled, or anything like that...

The bottom line is that it's hard to argue with results.
We aren't in the driver's seat for playoff seeding, but I'd say we're riding shotgun, and some didn't expect that much. And since they've reached that point, I see it as essentially playing with house money the rest of the way. So let it ride and hang on for the finish!

However, the team remains what it is regardless of record. We're likely to finish the year with the same warts that are currently showing, and there's not a white knight FA that's going to arrive and make them disappear.
But that doesn't mean we can't win. It's hard to imagine us being competitive with the Saints or 49ers, as examples, but not impossible.

While NOLA and SF have better talent/depth, I’m hopeful that ML learned from the game against SF where the “mentor” put the “mentee” in a box and closed it.

ML got out coached, plain and simple. He even said so (which I find refreshing after MM). So if he applies the lessons learned against SF, I hope for a more competitive game, should they meet again.

But I do think the defensive scheme has been very vanilla this season - I keep thinking they're holding back some wrinkles for later in the season / playoffs.

i wonder. has there ever been a coach that intentionally held back in the regular season just so he had something good for the playoffs? is that a thing?

i wonder. has there ever been a coach that intentionally held back in the regular season just so he had something good for the playoffs? is that a thing?
McCarthy used to do that, back in the earlier years. Iirc.

Actually coaches want to show more on film. Forces teams to prepare for more sets / tendencies than they would usually do.

Many teams are known for "getting hot" in the playoffs. If you're in a shit division like the Pateiots or the old school 49ers, it's much easier.

Btw, Aaron was 7-13 on third down this week. Not bad.

I was musing about how a team can be as bad as the Giants, when you've been picking so high for so long, and found this. Some Giants fan apparently decided to write the TRUTH on wikipedia, I guess rofl(:

mcadoo.jpg

Something I did not notice until it was said later. At line Rodgers yelled out Big Dog Big Dog. Pass goes for a TD to Lewis who's nickname is Big Dog. Rodgers goal was to get him a TD pass as he was one of few players not to have caught a TD pass from Rodgers.

Something I did not notice until it was said later. At line Rodgers yelled out Big Dog Big Dog. Pass goes for a TD to Lewis who's nickname is Big Dog. Rodgers goal was to get him a TD pass as he was one of few players not to have caught a TD pass from Rodgers.
LaFleur said in a press conference they will have to come up with a new name for that audible now :D

Very nice to get Lewis more involved in the passing game. The guy had a 700 yard season back in the day. Pros pro to adjust into an almost pure blocking role without complaining. No diva in him.

Actually coaches want to show more on film. Forces teams to prepare for more sets / tendencies than they would usually do.
Are you being serious. It's hard to tell lately. This is sorta laughable but hey, it's a good thought. Let's hear from Mark. A defensive guru.

Back