Post Game: Packers Defeat Giants 31-13

Defense struggled today. Daniel Jones made some bad throws to help GB put the Giants away. The offense did it's job. Though clear the OL had struggles today as they coud not get any holes open.

Good game. Keep churning out the wins on your way to the playoffs. Just get in an let it all hang out. (Score, that's figurative, not literal). It's not always gonna be pretty and I am as hard on this team as anyone, but once in, anything can happen. Good win. On to the next

yeah, the defense struggled mightily, giving up a whopping 13 points. it's time to fire pettine. don't wait until the end of the season. this needs to happen now.

statistically, this is not a top ten defense and there's plenty of room for improvement, but sometimes i think people have unrealistic expectations.

yeah, the defense struggled mightily, giving up a whopping 13 points. it's time to fire pettine. don't wait until the end of the season. this needs to happen now.

statistically, this is not a top ten defense and there's plenty of room for improvement, but sometimes i think people have unrealistic expectations.
Giants are horrible on offense. I think Packers played a better offense this score and maybe game is different. Giants have not scored 20 or more points against a team with a winning record.

I'm one with unrealistic expectations. I'm not sold on Pettine. I can't put my finger on it. Someone else said it more eloquently but the D has been more the nail than the hammer. They need some upgrades.

Gutey has done a nice job with FA additions but when does the offense get paid some attention? The OL and WR corps need upgrading. TE could be too because we just don't know about anything past Lewis and what Graham has to offer. With where MLs offense wants to go, I have to believe TE has to be an integral part.

Back to the defense. What upgrades are needed? I'm not fully sure. Is it depth? Replacing current starting talent?

Not sure I'm expecting a dominant defense, as for years, all we clamored for was just a respectable one to compliment AR, but can AR carry the team for many more years?

I'm one with unrealistic expectations. I'm not sold on Pettine. I can't put my finger on it. Someone else said it more eloquently but the D has been more the nail than the hammer. They need some upgrades.

Gutey has done a nice job with FA additions but when does the offense get paid some attention? The OL and WR corps need upgrading. TE could be too because we just don't know about anything past Lewis and what Graham has to offer. With where MLs offense wants to go, I have to believe TE has to be an integral part.

Back to the defense. What upgrades are needed? I'm not fully sure. Is it depth? Replacing current starting talent?

Not sure I'm expecting a dominant defense, as for years, all we clamored for was just a respectable one to compliment AR, but can AR carry the team for many more years?
I think we have talent on the defense I just think the scheme is what holds back the defense more then the lack of talent. You can't have PB talent everywhere on defense and have to use scheme to use what you got. Pettine loves to run a multi-scheme defense were he changes it up. Maybe he tries to do much and does not focus on what might work best with guys he has.

Seems like Pettine has been running a lot of vanilla zone lately, doesn't wanna go man to man.

Pettine definitely seems like he has guys he likes and won't play guys he doesn't like. Burks and Jackson appear to be in his dog house.

Any word on Gary's injury?

I think we have talent on the defense I just think the scheme is what holds back the defense more then the lack of talent. You can't have PB talent everywhere on defense and have to use scheme to use what you got. Pettine loves to run a multi-scheme defense were he changes it up. Maybe he tries to do much and does not focus on what might work best with guys he has.

I'll defer to the smarter defensive minds on this site but they've got issues. I was down with the Pettine hire and letting him stay onboard with the coaching change but it just feels like they don't have that early season fire. I haven't seen all of their games so I can't go into high detail. Then again, I'm not used to see a GB defense gut it out. With Capers, it was bend but don't break which ended in mostly breaking.

Back