Post Game: Lions Beat the Packers 34-20

This year is going to have games like this. The young guys on O will learn and move forward. We will get to see how mentally tough Love is and what kind of leader he is.

I'm actually fairly positive on where this team can go as long as they can put games like this behind them. If GB ends up around .500 this year that'd be a huge win all around. This year is the first step in the mini rebuild. Can't expect miracles. But there is a lot to like so far.

However:

DEF - we have seen this defense unable to tackle or stop the run for years now. How many excuses does a unit stacked with high-round picks get before they're held accountable? That goes for Gutey too. Considering the capital invested on this side of the ball this unit should be lights out, even on short rest.

OL - Reality check. Sorry, not buying the "one of the best in NFL".. Screw stats against other mediocre teams, what we have seen on the field this season is not top 10. Also, spare me the "if we only had Bahk" That guy has not been the Bahk of old for several seasons now. Counting on him to return to Pro Bowl form is just not reality. Mark and others have been harping for years about how Gutey's failure to provide adequate OL depth is going to come back and bite them. Well they're getting bit pretty hard right now. This OL is not just a few injured players away from greatness. They need depth and talent at all positions. Can you imagine this OL coming up against a team like KC, MIA, or SF? (shudder)

Hutchinson needs to be accounted for. Other than that, you have to show up and play. Aaron insulted this team with heavy bulletin board material couple years ago. They reacted by being tough.

This team came to our house and beat us up in front of our gf for the third time in a row. Detroit had a couple days extra to rest though, right? So ok. That rest is a huge factor.

But this can never happen again.

This is the opinion of an old loosehead (rugby front row concussed frequently but only passed one bar)

1. The Pack is soft and weak mentally. The large quantity of missed assignments and basic football plays that Packers players screw up time and time and time again is astounding. We must draft the dumbest players available. I understand if someone is just better - BUT and it's a big BUT (bigger than mine) our players frequently don't even appear to understand what they are supposed to do. Unacceptable - this is primarily on coaching. I played with and coached lunkheads and could get them to do their jobs in rugby. There is absolutely no reason this is happening by paid Professionals.
  2. The Pack is soft and weak physically. When have we won the battle at the line.
  3. Excuses are like my big one. Everybody has one. The Lions had a lot of players out. Their players stepped up - ours did not. The Lions and lots have teams have young players who are expected to and do perform. 4 years down the road Gary is finally performing. The Lions first round defensive lineman from MI performed day 1. That's just one example. Our young receivers do stupid stuff and drop a lot of balls. They don't appear to know scramble drills and react when our QB is under pressure.
  4. Unfortunately, the 'We made it respectable' will send our soft and weak guys off on a mini vacation. Doubt they grow a pair. I don't think we made it respectable, I think Detroit took its foot of the gas, we got to close and they put it down again. Up by 14 with a minute left and not punting it away? See # 2.
  5. Special Teams - See Number 1. But WTF!!!!:
    1. Punt Returns: If you don't catch a punt run away from it. Why chance a weird bounce it hitting you and becoming live? If your return man can't get that, he needs to go.
    2. Kickoff Returns: Dammit fair catch it. We'd be at the 25. No stupid penalties. taking us half the distance to the goal when your glory seeking run back didn't get us to the 20. If your return man can't get that, he needs to go.
    3. Fieldgoal defense: Most of the time, I just want to let them kick it. We don't have the guy who could block it. And, for a defender to not know the Gosh Darn rule? Unacceptable.
    4. Special Teams did not cause this loss, but every little stupid thing built up to pile on.
  6. I'm not selling Love or LaFleur, but:
    1. Love: I think his ball floats a bit. He has a lot to learn. I hope he can do it and believe he can. He's not Rodgers and he's not Favre, I can live with him being him. Still he needs to improve.
    2. LaFleur: Is this the offense Rodgers prevented? If so, we were sold a load of shit. Too many fancy fake plays that require perfect execution - See # 1. it sure as hell isn't a fast hitting running game (See # 2 about the offensive line) with passes sprinkled in
  7. Offensive Line: If I were a rookie not getting to play behind those guys, I wouldn't bring them donuts anymore - I'd bring donuts for me and eat them in front of them - and let the coaches know what I was doing. What are they going to do, whiff when they try to hit me or not be able to push me away from my donut? And, if they get hit or pushed away from donuts, they should look for a new occupation.
  8. Defensive Line: I hope Gary starts kicking their asses. They are worthless and weak and couldn't give me 20.
As stated above, I do not accept the young team thing. There are lots of teams that aren't much older than us and lots of young players who don't screw up like our guys.

My 5 minutes of pity are over.

Hutchinson needs to be accounted for. Other than that, you have to show up and play. Aaron insulted this team with heavy bulletin board material couple years ago. They reacted by being tough.

This team came to our house and beat us up in front of our gf for the third time in a row. Detroit had a couple days extra to rest though, right? So ok. That rest is a huge factor.

But this can never happen again.
Detroit played last Sunday. We played last Sunday.

The Pack is worthless and weak and soft and dumb. This is going to happen a lot.

Detroit played last Sunday. We played last Sunday.

The Pack is worthless and weak and soft and dumb. This is going to happen a lot.
lol yea you're right.

They got slapped in the face and had no response. Not like they played well and just got defeated. They got punked. They got slapped down in front of their gf, had their pants pulled off and threw in a tree.

1. Offensive Line: If I were a rookie not getting to play behind those guys, I wouldn't bring them donuts anymore - I'd bring donuts for me and eat them in front of them - and let the coaches know what I was doing. What are they going to do, whiff when they try to hit me or not be able to push me away from my donut? And, if they get hit or pushed away from donuts, they should look for a new occupation.
rofl(CLP) That quote just made my night.. lol

Back