Post Game: Green Bay defeats Seattle 28-23

Same script as the first 16 games.

I know he's not the the same QB as he was 5 years ago but I don't think anyone other than Mahomes could drop those dimes to Adams and Graham like Rodgers did last night. The offense is inconsistent but thats mostly a talent issue. Adams and Jones combined 226 yds 4 TD, rest of team 118 yds 0 TD's.

Defense was fine for the most part, they contained Metcalf and while Wilson got his yds limited chuck plays and 5 sacks. So on to Santa Clara

Agree about the throws, they were absolute drops in the bucket. This game was a great example of seeing what the mind of Matt LaFleur wants to do, and just not having the players sometimes to do it, which has included Rodgers this year. The big third down throw to Graham in the first quarter is a great example - that throw has been there all year for Rodgers but he has deemed it too tight to attempt. Last night he let it rip. Then you see a lot of the motion stuff they were running with Jones and Ervin and Adams behind the line. It's all there, and next year should be more productive.

But we are still playing this year!

i noticed the computer-generated lines moving around quite a bit yesterday. it's like they had some new trainee controlling that piece of tech.
We got 2 very favorable spot last night, both 2 close of overturn one way or another

i noticed the computer-generated lines moving around quite a bit yesterday. it's like they had some new trainee controlling that piece of tech.

It's not just the tech that isn't perfect, the location of the camera lens, the angle of the shot, and the compression effect of the telephoto lenses they use for the broadcast makes it really, REALLY hard for anyone on TV to get a good sense of these spots. I thought the ground level lens right from the marker was pretty conclusive that he landed right on the line, but even that is a wide angle lens which makes things funky in a different way.

I loved the joking aroind AR talked about post game. This team has chemistry. Past teams would have folded and found ways to lose. They stayed together when things werent great.

That doesnt cover up everything bit it counts towards something. On to next week. Throw out all the records and analytics. GPG

Despite the final score that was one of the better games we played all season. You are against a good team and the only thing that kept Seattle in it was Wilson turning on cheat mode like it was Madden or something.

Despite the final score that was one of the better games we played all season. You are against a good team and the only thing that kept Seattle in it was Wilson turning on cheat mode like it was Madden or something.

I hadn't seen a QB singlehandedly dominate a Packer D like Russ did since Kap in 2012. We were getting pressure but he was so elusive, it felt like we could've had 15 sacks. That's why I think we did it all wrong in how our front approached it. You get gassed constantly chasing a scrambling QB.

I hadn't seen a QB singlehandedly dominate a Packer D like Russ did since Kap in 2012. We were getting pressure but he was so elusive, it felt like we could've had 15 sacks. That's why I think we did it all wrong in how our front approached it. You get gassed constantly chasing a scrambling QB.
I said going into the game my biggest fear was Wilson running on this team as they did not have the speed or tackling ability to bring him down.

I said going into the game my biggest fear was Wilson running on this team as they did not have the speed or tackling ability to bring him down.
All in all they limited chunk plays from Wilson, long was 22 yds. Metcalf did not go off so if that’s the trade off I can live with it. Sure it was 9.1 per carry but it could have been worse

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/1...-dumbest-mistakes-ranked-texans-seahawks-punt

4. The Seahawks stuck with single coverage on Davante Adams
Despite Aaron Rodgers throwing far more passes to Davante Adams than anybody else on his team, the Seahawks continued to leave the man in single coverage. Adams caught every pass thrown his way throughout the first three quarters, save for one that came on a reverse in the backfield.

So ... surely Seattle made some adjustments? Not exactly. Instead, they put one corner on him and left a safety too far back to help with sideline-to-sideline action, which the Packers quickly exploited.

NFL

@NFL

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1216535606911614976

.@Tae15Adams just gets open.

40-yard TD on the throw from @AaronRodgers12! #GoPackGo #NFLPlayoffs

1f4fa.png
: #SEAvsGB on FOX
1f4f1.png
: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app
Watch free on mobile: http://on.nfl.com/5VLEQo

Embedded video

5:41 PM - Jan 12, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

522 people are talking about this

This was an incredible route by Adams, then a very smart decision to cut back a second time all the way across the field for the touchdown. The safety couldn’t make up the speed difference and the corner was badly beaten twice on the play.

The play went for a 40-yard touchdown, giving the Packers a 28-10 lead in the third quarter. It wouldn’t be the last time Adams roasted the Seattle secondary in man-to-man coverage in a vital moment either.

The Seahawks needed a third-and-8 stop to put the ball back in Russell Wilson’s hands with just over two minutes to play. Unfortunately, their defensive alignment also meant rookie safety Ugo Amadi, a rotational player with zero starts to his name, drew the short straw of covering a red-hot Adams.

Here’s that entirely predictable result.

743 people are talking about this

Aaron Rodgers, bad man. Seattle Seahawks, bad coverage.

2. Pete Carroll punted the ball back to Aaron Rodgers (and punted away his season)
In a vacuum, Pete Carroll’s decision to punt the ball back to Green Bay trailing 28-23 and facing fourth-and-11 with just under three minutes to play made some sense. NFL teams had only converted fourth down from that distance 12 times in 54 chances (22.2 percent) in 2019. His defense was riding high, as well. Seattle had forced back-to-back Packers punts to open the game’s final frame.

So Carroll punted the ball back — which fell in the end zone for a touchback — to Aaron Rodgers. That would be the Seahawks’ last possession of the 2019 season.

Rather than trust Russell Wilson and an offense that had scored a touchdown on each of its second-half drives to that point, Carroll deferred to a defense that struggled to contain Rodgers all evening. Even worse, his Seahawks had gained 11 or more yards on nine different plays in the third and fourth quarters Sunday.

Seattle’s explosive offense somehow wasn’t enough for one last ride with the game on the line — and that was all the Packers needed to salt the game away with two big completions (and one, uh, debatable spot).

Back